Journey.........

A

Anonymous

Surely they didn't start breaking the law, breaking the law....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Not at the Hammy odeon last night they didn't...........

Must have been a real 'could've been me' moment...

"In December 2007, after briefly considering the lead singer of a Virginia-based tribute band, Journey hired Filipino singer Arnel Pineda of the cover band The Zoo after Neal Schon saw him on YouTube singing covers of Journey songs."

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi John. Glad you enjoyed the Journey gig. How did it all look from the second row?

Any chance of a quick set list? Or at least as much as you can remember.

Talking of Journey rocks...albeit gently. I don`t think people realise how heavy some of these `soft rock` bands can be live. I remember someone many years ago who went to see Foreigner live because they liked `Waiting For A Girl Like You`. Needless to say they emerged from the gig with their ears ringing and a dazed look on their face!

John Duncan

Well I immediately stepped up to the front row, obviously. Let me see if I can attach a pic in this new fangled forum, and will try to get a set list up later.......

Appears I can't attach. Neal Schon was right there.
emotion-2.gif

John Duncan

Excerpts, in no order:

Separate Ways
Only the Young
Chain Reaction
Don't Stop Believing
Wheel in the Sky
Faithfully
Any Way You Want It
Escape
Ask The Lonely
Whos' Crying Now
Light
Open Arms
Edge of the Blade
Keep On Running
Mother, Father

John Duncan

survivor:
Hi John. Glad you enjoyed the Journey gig. How did it all look from the second row?

Any chance of a quick set list? Or at least as much as you can remember.

Talking of Journey rocks...albeit gently. I don`t think people realise how heavy some of these `soft rock` bands can be live. I remember someone many years ago who went to see Foreigner live because they liked `Waiting For A Girl Like You`. Needless to say they emerged from the gig with their ears ringing and a dazed look on their face!

Mine still are.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Ooh... forgot to say that I think `Mother Father` is one of the most powerful songs in terms of emotional songwriting content that I`ve ever heard from this genre and non-believers in `fluffy rock` would be very impressed if they were to give this song a listen. Hearing them perform this would have made my night. Did they do it well?

John Duncan

They were fantastic, very true to the records (a good thing, IMO). The new guy is like a four-foot Steve Perry - indistinguishable vocally (whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on how much of a purist you are
emotion-2.gif
), though there are clearly a couple he just can't manage, since they let the drummer sing (though I thought they were miming, since he was indistinguishable from Perry as well, and didn't spot that he was singing!)

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:They were fantastic, very true to the records (a good thing, IMO). The new guy is like a four-foot Steve Perry - indistinguishable vocally (whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on how much of a purist you are
emotion-2.gif
), though there are clearly a couple he just can't manage, since they let the drummer sing (though I thought they were miming, since he was indistinguishable from Perry as well, and didn't spot that he was singing!)

Well, if Steve Perry never comes back then I guess I`d like to hear the new singer sound as close to Perry as possible because it will be the closest I`ll ever get to the `classic` Journey sound. The drummer does sing apparently and has done so before on previous tours. Mind you, sounds slightly dodgy if he sounded just like Perry and didn`t look like he was singing! Still, not to worry. Sounds like a great night!

A

Anonymous

HI GUYS

SEEN JOURNEY TWICE NOW SADLY MISSED THEM THIS TIME AS ON HOLS (BUMMER) BOTH TIMES WERE FANTASTIC. JUST LISTENING TO NEW ALBUM AS WRITING THIS, SOUNDS AWESOME SO FAR. JOURNEY ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT ONE OF THE ALL TIME CLASSIC ROCK BANDS, STEVE PERRY IS AN AWESOME SINGER AND THE NEW GUY ARNEL PINEDA IS ALSO AMAZING ROLL ON THE NEXT TOUR !

ANDY.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
andya:

HI GUYS

SEEN JOURNEY TWICE NOW SADLY MISSED THEM THIS TIME AS ON HOLS (BUMMER) BOTH TIMES WERE FANTASTIC. JUST LISTENING TO NEW ALBUM AS WRITING THIS, SOUNDS AWESOME SO FAR. JOURNEY ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT ONE OF THE ALL TIME CLASSIC ROCK BANDS, STEVE PERRY IS AN AWESOME SINGER AND THE NEW GUY ARNEL PINEDA IS ALSO AMAZING ROLL ON THE NEXT TOUR !

ANDY.

Well said Andy! Journey are as you say one of the all time classic rock bands and far too many people have missed out on a real good thing! I blame U.K. radio stations mostly for not giving them any airplay. Some of Journeys songs should be in the all time great rock/ballads lists and in peoples music collections but they are not. Shame. Great songs, fantastic vocals, fantastic guitar playing. What more do you want! It really cheeses me off that most people think of `Open Arms` as a Mariah `Cover Version` Carey song. Grrrrrrrrrr....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts