Journey of starting a hobby speaker company!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Ye i think it does. You guys made me take a closer look still some work to do.

Vlad downloaded and well no joy! I have no where to add the HTML code for the fonts or CCS in the Wix site.

What i really need is to be able to make a transparent Logo as an image to put on the site, is it possible with this software?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
In Illustrator select the logo you want and in File > Export > selects file type as .PNG > in next dialog screen make sure you tick the Transparency box > Export, done, you exported the logo as transparent image.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Vlad you might use it every day but I can not! does not do anything I want it to! I have a 72 point iQ but can not place speakers underneath it. Nor can I get Code pro light into it.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Getting there! Its difficult to re size and its affected the background. But cheers Vlad, i think bed is calling its been another interesting weekend. I do like the logo very much Cheers.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry Robin missed your post, your more than welcome, and yes shopping in Cheltenham can be expensive, town centre is a short stroll to my house. IPL do a 5.1 system though the centre is well a little on the large size. As for the Gloss I wanted to photo and perfect both finishes before I went live on IPL's website and to get costings. I also have some S2's being made and have some beautiful Santos Rosewood for those. It's all part of the challenge my body shop has been very patient! Cheers just give me a call.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Yes the IPL centres are 'bulky'. Most I would guess would want long and thin rather than 'fat'. I doubt I would ever be justified to buy into a IPL 5.1 system - my room as much a barrier to perfection as my equipment but its a shame that more 'friendly' centre isnt available to complete what would surely be a great cinema system. It will be interesting to see howmany customers prefer the gloss - a fad/fashion which may last or may not? I wo der how difficult it would be to fi d peoples prefwrences (maybe from some suppliers here?

Good to follow your journey.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree robin, and yes the finish question would be excellent to know. I agree nost of my customers will probally want veneer, Ivan rekons oak and walnut are the most popular choices then he does not offer rosewoon, Zebrano or Ebony i may well start a post to find out, what do you think? As i said if you are in Cheltenham and want to pop in you would be more than welcome, its some of the reason im doing this!! The gloss thing is also challange and fun to get right.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
There's only one "L" in Ilfracombe (I had no idea they were based there incidentally, I'm only ten minutes away from there).

You might want to ask him to link to your website from his, there's an email address given for a Colin in Shepton Mallet, I don't know if that's you?

hg

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Highest fidelity at lowest price?

Highest quality & lowest price?

High end sound at lowest cost?

It wasn't the slogan itself but that he had "the" where he should have "a".

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Spot on!

In no way trying to give u any problems I wonder about the iQ 'name'. Thinking KEF, Apple and Toyota. I know nothing about trademarks etc maybe someone else does. Cheers

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
iQ Speakers said:
Cheers spelling is not my forte,

I wish you well with your project. In the spirit of positive criticism, on the menu bar across the top of your site, the plural of FINISH is FINISHES.

Good luck.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yep spelling, Finishes done! Primer Done. As i said before you can get hung up on a name, done it before. Now if i were designing and producing my own speakers then that would be a different mater i would have to come up with a poignant name such as North Star (north my surname) Perfect Audio, N Acoustics, CPN etc Any way SEO going well overtaken the other IPL builder even before Ivan added a link. Was on Google page one for keyword IPL Acoustics, up till 2 last night working on it. More to come.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
iQ Speakers said:
Hi Vlad Logo looks good cheers. What will it cost to use?

Don't be silly. My biggest reward was you feeling the oscilations between viking rage and helpless sadness trying to use new design software. *mosking* Been there!

Not to saturate the thread further with 'packaging' and have you focus on the product build (which everyone following this thread is interest in), shoot me an email when you read this regarding the website. My private email: v.pandovski@gmail.com.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Vladimir said:
iQ Speakers said:
Hi Vlad Logo looks good cheers. What will it cost to use?

Don't be silly. My biggest reward was you feeling the oscilations between viking rage and helpless sadness trying to use new design software. *mosking* Been there!

Not to saturate the thread further with 'packaging' and have you focus on the product build (which everyone following this thread is interest in), shoot me an email when you read this regarding the website. My private email: v.pandovski@gmail.com.

Really good job on the logo....and I don't say that lightly.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Really good job on the logo....and I don't say that lightly.

Must be your favorite volume knob position.

vywbqu.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts