John Lewis or Richer Sounds??

Tobias-Funke

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I am about to buy a new TV in the next few months for my new house.

(Samsung UE75H6400)

My question is who would you buy with and why??

John Lewis or Richer Sounds?

Or are they both as good as each other with regards to warranty, price match etc?

Also would you pay £2.5k for a 1080P TV when 4k TVs are becoming so cheap ??

Thanks.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Two points. One, at John Lewis the Samsung UE75H6400 http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue75h6400-led-hd-1080p-3d-smart-tv-75-with-freeview-hd-voice-control-and-2x-3d-glasses/p1363574 is £2,999 at John Lewis, whereas it is £500 cheaper at Richer Sounds. http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue75h6400/sams-ue75h6400. As far as I know they were equally good about the five-year guarantees.

Second point, the H6400 series is last year's model, so will probably be phased out in March or April, so I wouldn't leave it for months before ordering one, particularly in this 75 inch size, which is the largest in the range and will therefore be fairly scarce to begin with. I would reserve a sample at one or other shop if I were you.

D

Deleted member 2457

John Lewis definitely the best. You can return within 30 days if unhappy and they collect. If you can beat the price for 30 days after they will price match too.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Having experienced both last weekend, John Lewis probably shaded it for me, but both disappointed me in different ways.

I was after a tv for my parents, and went to Richer Sounds first. It was busy, and after queuing for a little while, I got served. The guy was polite, but in my opinion, a little condescending, and seeing as I gave him a choice of two different tvs, I was disappointed that neither were in stock.

Next was JL. It didn't appear too busy, but I really had difficulty getting any member of staff to assist me. At one point, I stood next to a member of staff (who was deleting files from the hard drive of one of the tvs), and I waited patiently while he was busy. When he finished, he turned to me, looked me in the eye, and just as I was about to ask him for assistance, he turned away and walked off. I couldn't believe it. I then walked around the department, and eventually found someone to assist me, but even he didn't seem particularly bothered or helpful.

So overall, JL just shaded it, as they actually had the item I wanted in stock, but despite the slightly condescending tone of the sales assistant, RS service was better. I understand why RS cant carry a lot of stock instore, but this small store/cheap rent policy must lose them quite a lot of sales, it certainly lost than one anyway.

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Having experienced both last weekend, John Lewis probably shaded it for me, but both disappointed me in different ways.

I was after a tv for my parents, and went to Richer Sounds first. It was busy, and after queuing for a little while, I got served. The guy was polite, but in my opinion, a little condescending, and seeing as I gave him a choice of two different tvs, I was disappointed that neither were in stock.

Next was JL. It didn't appear too busy, but I really had difficulty getting any member of staff to assist me. At one point, I stood next to a member of staff (who was deleting files from the hard drive of one of the tvs), and I waited patiently while he was busy. When he finished, he turned to me, looked me in the eye, and just as I was about to ask him for assistance, he turned away and walked off. I couldn't believe it. I then walked around the department, and eventually found someone to assist me, but even he didn't seem particularly bothered or helpful.

So overall, JL just shaded it, as they actually had the item I wanted in stock, but despite the slightly condescending tone of the sales assistant, RS service was better. I understand why RS cant carry a lot of stock instore, but this small store/cheap rent policy must lose them quite a lot of sales, it certainly lost than one anyway.

Hi there,

I was sorry to read your comments on the thread about the poor service and problems with stock availability on your recent visit to one of our stores.

So I may investigate this matter further, and hopefully resolve things to your satisfaction, please would you be so kind as to contact me with some further details via the below e-mail address?

john.p.clayton@richersounds.com

Once again, sincere apologies, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

John Clayton

Operations Director

Richer Sounds

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Well you can't expect better than this Richer person.

You wouldn't like to sort out this useless technology site, especially the Forum, for WHF. We promise to buy loads of gear at Richer if you'd give it a go.

Sorry OP. I would certainly wait for the 4k option, having seen them and having the 5k iMac.

D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, good work from John Clayton from Richer Sounds again. *clapping*

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
As long as John does not go on a which hunt. We should encourage staff to be more relaxed and to use intelligence when dealing with us customers, with out the threat of reprocussions from managment. If there is a problem with a member of staff this should be dealt with in the branch in a construtive and positive manner. I think the disapointment was in the stock levals and not really aimed at the assistant. These are procedures that should already be sorted in a slick running organisation. If we are not carful shops will be full of script morans who can not go off piste. That is why small independent stores are good staff with inteligence.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Richer Sounds said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Hi there,

I was sorry to read your comments on the thread about the poor service and problems with stock availability on your recent visit to one of our stores.

So I may investigate this matter further, and hopefully resolve things to your satisfaction, please would you be so kind as to contact me with some further details via the below e-mail address?

john.p.clayton@richersounds.com

Once again, sincere apologies, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

John Clayton

Operations Director

Richer Sounds

Hi John

There's no need for me to contact you. The assistant hadn't seen me before, and for all he knows, I knew nothing about tvs, but because I do, I did feel a little spoken down to. It certainly wasn't a bad experience, and to be frank, John Lewis's staff were much more of a disappointment.

My main problem with the visit to your store was the lack of stock, but as I outlined in my post, I understand why, though it did frustrate me as I needed to make a purchase on that day.

I have worked in retail, and I know how difficult the job is when the shop is busy, and I also know that if you give great personal service to someone, another person behind in the queue is going to be annoyed at waiting so long.

I certainly wouldn't have any problem returning to your store again.

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi again,

Thanks for your further comments, I appreciate the feedback and if you do require any further help feel free to contact me directly.

Many Thanks

John Clayton

Operations Director

Richer Sounds

I do get dismay when I see adverts on RS website only to find they aren't in stock.The website needs be updated more often.The website should have a stock count like other vendors like PC world etc.
I have aways brought from RS so I am neutral as it can be.

A

Anderson

Richer sounds all the way! Walked in one day, said I was interested in certain speakers, they initially offered ful price. Said I wasn't interested in that price and would consider a certain other price, the fella who was originally speaking to me said no! He walked away from the counter after speaking to the manager came back to me and agreed MY price, I hadn't even fought for it!

Reading the other responses from the thread I think you'll be good either way. Pick whoever is closest.

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tze Kin,

Thanks for your feedback on this thread although I was obviously concerned to read that you’ve had problems obtaining specific deals from ourselves.

Obviously we’d never intentionally advertise stock that is not available as doing so would be both illegal and terrible customer service, we’d have absolutely nothing to gain.

In order that I may get to the bottom of the matter urgently please would you e-mail me via the below address with some more details?

John.p.clayton@richersounds.com

Once again, I offer my apologies, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks

John Clayton

Operations Director

Richer Sounds

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts