I've booked a demo.....

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Attachments

• 20220407_115030.jpg
    20220407_115030.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220316_132712.jpg
    20220316_132712.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 19
agree that if you really like the Dalis then it is doubtful that the Amphions will offer £600 worth of improvement......
Indeed. Apparently, so I've read on various sites, the Amphion 3S aren't an improvement on the Argon 1, other than deeper bass. Deeper bass isn't a priority.
Those little Argon 1 were superb. But on comparison with the Rubis they fell a little short. (My daughter came on that demo preferred the Rubicon 2s.)

Reactions: Al ears
Indeed. Apparently, so I've read on various sites, the Amphion 3S aren't an improvement on the Argon 1, other than deeper bass. Deeper bass isn't a priority.
Those little Argon 1 were superb. But on comparison with the Rubis they fell a little short. (My daughter came on that demo preferred the Rubicon 2s.)
I'm guessing they would be an improvement in a larger room, the Argon 1 can only fill so much space adequately. I am hoping to audition the 3s at some point.

I'm guessing they would be an improvement in a larger room, the Argon 1 can only fill so much space adequately. I am hoping to audition the 3s at some point.
When you do I'm sure you won't be disappointed. If the Argon 1 are anything to go by the 3S should tickle your fancy. Like you I'm guessing as I've not heard 3S.

If you do, blag a pair of Rubicon 2s. You'll know why I like them so much.

Reactions: Al ears

Gray

Not yet. I phoned them end of last week. I may just go with the Amphion Argon 1 if it's too much longer. The Argon dealer said there's a 7-10 days delivery, any colour.

Knowing me, I'll order the Argons and the Dalis will turn up. Hey-ho.
Be patient.
You're doing well so far, a bit longer won't hurt.
" Everything comes to he who waits"
(At least I hope that's true as I'm still waiting for everything).

robdmarsh

About a week ago I saw on eBay a pair of white Rubicon 2 for £850 buy it now or best offer! They looked absolutely pristine. I was pretty tempted myself.
Needless to say they were gone when I next looked. I don't know about you but with speakers and buying from someone with good feedback and showing good clean images, I'd be happy to buy 2nd hand, especially with prices shooting up all over the shop!

About a week ago I saw on eBay a pair of white Rubicon 2 for £850 buy it now or best offer! They looked absolutely pristine. I was pretty tempted myself.
Needless to say they were gone when I next looked. I don't know about you but with speakers and buying from someone with good feedback and showing good clean images, I'd be happy to buy 2nd hand, especially with prices shooting up all over the shop!
Thanks for that. Really don't want black or white. I'm quite a traditionalist when it comes to colours. The dealer can offer me those, it's the other colours they have a dearth of.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts