iTunes wont add albums to library if music is ripped by other software

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am unbelievably frustrated with ITunes. ITunes works well when I rip my CDs via iTunes and it then adds hem to the album library effortlessly. I recently started ripping my CDs using DBPoweramp, rather than iTunes because it produces better rips. But adding the ripped albums to the ITunes library has proved impossible!
Here's how I’ve gone about it:
•I ripped a number of my CDs, each into it's own folder
•I then attempted to add folder (where the ripped files reside) to the iTunes library
•I also tried to drag-and-drop the folder onto iTunes
But still, the album isn't added to the iTunes library Arrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Please help!

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Did you first try it with File/Add to Library...?

And presumably it's in a format that iTunes recognises (ie not FLAC)?
I tired 'add file to library' and 'add folder to library', unfortunately neither worked.
The ripped files wre in wav format which Itunes recognises

A

Anonymous

VoodooDoctor:^ What he said.

I use dBPoweramp and have no problem using the Add to Library function.
So what am I doing wrong than?
I tried to add folder to library in my iTunes running on my PC. I also tried the same on my Mackbook laptop. Neither agreed to add the rips to the iTunes library. Would that suggests that the problem is with my rips? if so, what would you suggest?

John Duncan

It's because you're using WAV, which doesn't have metadata, so iTunes doesn't recognise it. Bet you have lots of "Track 1"s on "Unknown Album"?Try installing the apple lossless decoder on dbPoweramp and try again. Or try it first with mp3...

WAV works ok with iTunes because it stores metadata in its own library.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:It's because you're using WAV, which doesn't have metadata, so iTunes doesn't recognise it. Bet you have lots of "Track 1"s on "Unknown Album"?Try installing the apple lossless decoder on dbPoweramp and try again. Or try it first with mp3...

Thanks! problem solved! I am very very grateful (-;

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
debt_collector:JohnDuncan:It's because you're using WAV, which doesn't have metadata, so iTunes doesn't recognise it. Bet you have lots of "Track 1"s on "Unknown Album"?Try installing the apple lossless decoder on dbPoweramp and try again. Or try it first with mp3...

Thanks! problem solved! I am very very grateful (-;

He works there!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts