Ripped CD ends up as several albums

AndyTake2

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I ripped my collection recently to FLAC

Both WIn Media Player and PowerAmp made errors - missing the first tracks, putting stuff all over the place, so I am now ripping them all again in Apple Lossless.

iTunes seems to make a better job of collecting the right artwork etc, as well as keeping most of the albums in their correct state, and the id3 tags don't appear to be embedded in the FLAC files.

Anyway - on with the problem.

iTunes, along with the other apps, seems to have issues with some albums.

I have a Louis Amrstrong album, which, when ripped, gets put into 4 different folders - Louis Armstrong, Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington and a couple of others.

If I edit the id tags in windows, iTunes doesn't seem to recognise the changes - what do I have to do in order to get this and other apps to recognise my manual changes (i.e. artist change, and putting the tracks back in one album)?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Before you rip it you need to select all the tracks, hit control i / option i and change the 'Album Artist' to 'Louis Armstrong' on all the tracks. Also you can change the sorting option to 'Armstrong Lewis' if you so desire. Additionally I also uncheck the option in preferences which says 'Keep iTunes media folder organized'. If you're running an older version of iTunes it says something like 'Let iTunes manage my media folders', I can't remember the exact wording but it will be obvious which I mean.

TRENDING THREADS