is this 9.1 setup ok?

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi i want to do a 9.1 setup using rx6 av12 speaker package on my onkyo 5009 i want to use the 5.1 rx6 av12 and add a set of front wide speakers rx1s and a set of front height speakers rx1s i want to bi wire the front rx6s as well would this be ok for 9.1 and can you tell me is there any options on the onkyo 5009 that i need to change for this configuration thanks need help asap

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
I am not up on Onks but if it is a 9.1 Amp then just connect speakers as per instructions, as for Biwiring you will need 2sets of speaker cable going into 1connection,in other words you will have 4-banana/spades connections going to each front speaker, these will then be wired into 1 connection on the amp end. Do a bit of home work as to what cable to use, but dont spend loads of money, remember also that you will need double lengths for each front speaker, and this can soon add up.You could buy some speaker cable yourself rather than having it made up of course, if you feel confident.

A

Anonymous

Interesting configuration. You should be able to do it, since you will use the back surrounds to bi-amp leaving the front wide and front high available. Just remember to remove the front jumper bars from the terminals and set the AVR to Bi-Amp mode in speaker configuration.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Very true regarding biamping option but think he was wanting biwire, however if this option is available biamping would bring some improvements over biwiring...plus would only need single cables as oposed to joining them for biwiring so would be a little easier to acheive..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts