Is there a hack for the Sony BDPS360 to make it multi-reg for DVD ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
bigboss:Spammer!!

Why? There's no ad, no link, nothing.

If you'd like us to block every user who makes a post making no sense, this'd be a very quite forum...

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I've done loads of soft mods for friends over the years - it's not really "hacking" as you are not actually modifying anything at all, merely enabling a function that is otherwise not enabled.
Sony models are particularly easy if you get any "One For All" remote, even the cheap ones, mine cost £8 on FleaBay.
As a point of law, I actually asked Sony Norway about this and they said as nothing is modified per say and the case is not opened, the player's warranty is still valid.

I had a Funai player once and it was impossible to make it region free so I took it back.
So did several other people and the shop actually stopped selling them because of this.

The main reason why we like region free in Scandinavia is because with the DVD format, there are several languages available on the subtext.
This means the original film material has been submitted to the different countries' film censors and by the time the film is pressed, all the cuts from all the countries are made and sometimes it ends up as a right pig's dinner as the same pressing is used in all countries.
So a cut made for the Turkish market will also appear cut on the disc that's available in, say Sweden, even though the sequence in question wouldn't have been cut for that territory.

Also, several violent films are sound edited in some areas so not to appear so violent, even the 007 films were aurally manipulated this way.

I find region 1 material is usually the best and mostly unmolested.

Andrew Everard:

bigboss:Spammer!!

Why? There's no ad, no link, nothing.

If you'd like us to block every user who makes a post making no sense, this'd be a very quite forum...

The link will come soon, I'm sure. The language adopted is similar to the spam emails. This may be a new tactic of posting a few harmless posts to gain some post count, & then posting an "exciting offer" in the 'Hot Deals' section. Let's see if my suspicions are correct.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts