Is the Sony 2400SE a good match for my kit

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just a quick question, will the 2400SE receiver be a good match for my equipment, being

Kef 2005.2 surround speakers

Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-Ray player

Panasonic TX-27LZD70 full HD TV

Sky HD

Xbox 360 Premium (component 1080i output)

Roku Soundbridge M1001 Digital music streamer.

There are some really good deals at the moment for this at less the £400

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have the receiver and it is fantastic for both movies and music and should compliment your system well, I would say it is the best buy at the moment by a long way. Tested numerous others when I was searching and was also fortunate to test a number of receivers at home (kinda try before you buy).

A

Anonymous

I think now that the price is under £400 its a real bargain, some the choices such as the Yamaham 763 doesnt have enough HDMI ports, the Onkyo quite frankly is ugly .... (matter of taste) so my choices were down the the Denon 1909 which is good and the Sony which i think just about pips it.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Did you test the onkyo 606? If so, how did it fair against the Sony?

Is the Sony much better than the Onkyo in terms of sound quality for movies, as well as music?

Love to know your opinion...... Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Found the Onkyo 606 quite harsh and a touch under-powered sound wise compared to both the Sony and Yamaha plus it sounded poor in comparison when playing cd's compared to the Sony. The Onkyo is also as ugly as Jabber which also didn't help
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I am auditioning the Denon 1909 and the Sony 2400 friday with Kef 2005.3 - similar to Kef 2005.2, ill post the results here.

A

Anonymous

very interested to know how you geton as i'm getting a demo with a 1909 and kef 3000se next week,inclined to try it with an onkyo as well so maybe between us we can get a few covered !

A

Anonymous

Today i had my audition of both the 1909 and the 2400 having read a lot of the comments on here it was an interesting audition.

Once i got passed the person in the shop who was trying to convince me that a standard DVD will be output as HD Audio on the amp, everything was ok.

Anyway i listened to to the opening of The Dark Night standard DVD DTS Neo sound and the battle between the green goblin's son and spiderman on Blu Ray.

Both amplifiers are very good and quite different, which one you would prefer i guess is a matter of taste, which is why you should listen to them before you choose.

My overall impression was that the Sony is big and bold and the Denon whilst not quite so bold has a lot more subtelty.

For me i chose the Denon was close but what swung it for me was that in the really chaotic part of the Spiderman battle when the action was busy and a lot going on in my opinion the Sony sounded a little harsh where the Denon was smoother. That and the difference in price tag swung it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts