Is the Cyrus cd6se2 that good?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Steve,

Do yourself a huge favour and save up the money to buy a pair of AVI ADM 9RS active speakers. Complete package, just add a source; it has dac, pre and power amps, cabling and remote control all for @ £1250. They will sound better than any combination that you are considering and then you will have gear to sell to recoup some of the cost.

You will never regret it.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I could of worded it better I think it was another thread , what I meant was think a DAC would be a better upgrade and use the marantz as a transport. From what I have been reading about the Brio r amp is that it will give me some punch and more control

stevebrock said:
I could of worded it better I think it was another thread , what I meant was think a DAC would be a better upgrade and use the marantz as a transport. From what I have been reading about the Brio r amp is that it will give me some punch and more control

Again, you'll need to hear the Brio-r. It should be a decent uplift, but because it has won awards and plaudits it doesn't automatically mean it'll suit your taste.

Great reviews and awards don't mean a jot if it isn't to your taste - that was the point made in my previous post.

If you can't dem the Rega or other amps/cdps, make sure you can return it if it isn't right for you.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm no expert but I do have the same Marantz kit as you and I would say that the weak link in your setup is the speakers. I auditioned the big brothers of your speakers, the BX5s, because they get great reviews and whilst they were good I thought they were somewhat muddled especially in classical music (which I appreciate you may not listen to) and really didn't do justice to the signal the Marantz kit was providing to them. Although I bought the KEF Q500s, which are maybe more appealing to classical music lovers, I really did like and nearly bought the MA RX6s. I think you might love them! My view from a long audition session (ty Superfi in Birmingham) was that the Marantz kit justifies rather better speakers than are often recommended to partner them.

So if it were my money I'd save for a little longer and then audition a range of rather better speakers with your current Marantz kit. I think you will be surprised. If you are not then I am wrong but you won't have wasted any money.

Chris

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Re. active loudspeakers, An interesting suggestion relocated, and one that I know a lot of sensible people have taken up. I might've done it myself had I not already bought all this other gear...............

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Active speakers are not an option as I use the my hifi set up as a front speaker system for my 5.1 setup.

I'm auditioning a rega DAC on Tuesday now with my CDP a a transport along with the Brio R amp and see how it sounds!

A

Anonymous

All sorts really, but quite a bit of electronica and classical.

I remember oasis not sounding super special, but not bad either.

I do not find my cyrus fatiguing at all. Fairly thrilling all in all.

stevebrock said:
Krlock3,

What music do you listen too on your Cyrus kit?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts