is the cyrus 8xpdQx an overkill for pc music

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I am settled in byuing some cyrus gear as love their sound and also the upgradeable pathfor future treats..However, I am not settled on what model.All my music is on pc( lossless) so need amp with DAC.Budget can stregtch to 2000pds.I was wondering if byuing the 8xpdQx would be an overkill for pc music or will there be a massive difference with the 8XPd.Also, WHF stated that the pre XPd and 8 power combo was a massive improvment over the 8xpd so also wondering would a pre XPd and 6 power combo be better than a 8xpd or 8xpdQx.Hard to find a dealer that stocks all models in order to make a direct comparaison, plus being a spoarky I do n t get much time to go auditioning all day long even week ends..Thanks

Hi stpierre76

Moorgate Acoustics in Sheffield are probably your best bet as they have a vast range of Cyrus components and are also a good retailer. They can be contacted on 0114 275 6048 and ask for Paul Hobson.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I don't think it would be overkill. More and more of my listening is coming from the likes of Napster and Last.FM, which don't sound as good as lossless files, and some of the internet radio stations I use sound great, and again, they're MP3 based.

As far as the 8xpdQX vs 8xpd with an 8 or 6 Power, I'd say it depends on the speakers you're using, or intend to use. What are you using?

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:
Hi stpierre76

Moorgate Acoustics in Sheffield are probably your best bet as they have a vast range of Cyrus components and are also a good retailer. They can be contacted on 0114 275 6048 and ask for Paul Hobson.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

emotion-21.gif
second that, they're a great bunch there and always willing to help. They've got a reprocessed version of the model you're after for £1400 which seems nice and reasonable!!

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for advice.At the moment i m using some focals 807 but will upgrade in the near future (as soon as move in my new house).Love spendors and atc.as for model not sure yet as once i am settled in the house i will make my choice easier but that s probably not before close to a year the way things are going..I am toprn between a pre/power combo which people seem to prefere and a integrated.advantage of pre/power is that although at the moment i can only afford a pre xpd and a 6 power it gives me the chance for futur upgrade or would the 8xpdqx be as good as a pre/power???pulling myhair here.Ever got the feeling that you are going around in circles by comparaing all different amps???
emotion-1.gif

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
+1 for Moorgate Acoustics... excellent shop. I bought 8xpdqx from and would highly recommend it; a superb DAC and excellent integrated amp, huge improvement over 8vs2. Go and listen, enjoy. Ideal for digital sources, lots of upgrade potential. I am of course bias and love the Cyrus sound.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts