is it my dvd player??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have the neat motive 5.1 system which is lovely, but when i watch a dvd i just cant get clarity on the centre speaker. I find myself turning the centre speaker up and even then its annoyingly hard to follow vocals especially when music / effects are playing out of the fronts. Its absolutely fine via the tv by the way (i have not watched a feature movie off air yet though). I connect my dvd player to the 905 via a digital coax and the player itself is an old ish sony dvp-ls500. Is this problem common with cheaper / older dvd players and will a better player or blu ray player (panasonic would be my choice) be able to dig up the detail and clarity along with serving up a more balance sound through the speakers??

Or is there anything i can do with my current equipment to improve it? (i do have a hard floor in front of the tv but this will be getting a heavy rug soon).

As always, thanks in advance.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
It seems unlikely to be your DVD player that's causing such a specific issue with just the centre channel. I assume that you have checked the levels in each channel using the receivers test tones?

Is the centre speaker underneath the TV and too low? The drivers need to be more or less pointed toward head height? I know that positioning is usually a case of compromise. Is the speaker cable connected securely, in phase etc?

A

Anonymous

will check all that when i next watch a dvd. Have angled the centre channel up so thats ok i think. It might be the cables as its fine with tv stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts