is BOSE that rubbish compared with other systems

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jjbomber

Bose are a premium brand, so audiophiles think that they are crappy for the money. On a similar thread, Beats headphones are a preium brand and a waste to £220. of course, the second biggest brand in the World and a complete load of over-rated crappy hi-fi is Apple. Trying saying that on a thread and the fanboys will be out in force. Audiophiles are fashion victims as much as any others.

There is another thread on here about things made in China being of inferior quality. No mention of the iphone being made in China though. Again, we dare not upset the fanboys. Human nature is what it is.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
I'm amazed at the amount of snobbery being shown in this thread. For the grand total of £700 I have a flexible system that "suits my needs" Hmm...

I'm certainly not being a snob about it, infact, I'd say that a lot of Bose owners are far more elitist than non-Bose owners, and if you asked most Bose owners if they have heard of some of the lesser known, but higher quality electronic manufacturers, they wouldn't have a clue.

There's a BOSE shop in Bicester Village among all the other designer shops, so I do think Bose are deliberately aiming at that kind of clientele.

If you're happy Freddy, then why worry about what others think?

I couldn't care less about branding. I liked what I heard (for the money), so I bought it....

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Marsbardark said:
Vladimir said:
Not my Acoustimess™ Module or cat. Found it in this thread http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?196752-Anyone-want-to-see-the-partial-inside-of-the-AM3.

And not all BOSE are create equal.

Thing is that doesn't make money, hence the garbage they sell today

BOSE1801PowerAmplifier1.jpg

bose1801-5.jpg

I remember that amplifier, saw it used driving 2 pairs of 901s in a slightly unusual configuration. Pretty much the loudest thing I had heard in hi-fi.

Impossible to tell if it sounded any good or not, the ringing in the ears made it difficult.

EvPa

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
jjbomber said:
There is another thread on here about things made in China being of inferior quality. No mention of the iphone being made in China though.

Shhh, everyone knows the the Shenzen Special Economic Zone is not in China! :p

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Vladimir said:
Freddy58 said:
For the past few years I've been using the Bose Acoustimass 5 series iii hoked up to a Marantz CR603. As space is a real issue for me, these were the ideal solution. I've actually been very pleased with their performance, for the price. £700 for the lot, and quite a flexible system.

You can buy a mail order bride from Kyrgyzstan for that kind of money Freddy.
eek.gif

060711_kyrgyzstan_0.jpg

Does she have a USB port?

Does she have a plastic wave guide?

No? I want a Bose.

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
I'm amazed at the amount of snobbery being shown in this thread. For the grand total of £700 I have a flexible system that "suits my needs" Hmm...

I'm certainly not being a snob about it, infact, I'd say that a lot of Bose owners are far more elitist than non-Bose owners, and if you asked most Bose owners if they have heard of some of the lesser known, but higher quality electronic manufacturers, they wouldn't have a clue.

There's a BOSE shop in Bicester Village among all the other designer shops, so I do think Bose are deliberately aiming at that kind of clientele.

If you're happy Freddy, then why worry about what others think?

Most Bose owners are happy with their systems, so be it. A friend of mine wanted a Bose. I let him audition my system, and he loved it. He still bought the Bose, and is happy with it.

If you're happy with your system, that's all that matters.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a NAD Viso 1 in the kitchen, it's brilliant but way too big.

Im going to buy a Bose Soundlink Mini. I won't demo first, the nearest Bose shop is 40 miles away, and I'm guessing it's nothing like my kitchen anyway.

I see QVC do them, so at least you get 30 days to try. The wave demo makes me smile.

Broner

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:

I think you're right, but eliticism can also be found among serious hi-fi enthousiasts. Anyway, my uncle matches your description of an elitist Bose owner. He recently sold his company and he's the type of person that drives in a matte black BMW (just hideous), wears a Rolex, goes to the most expensive hotels, flies first class, never fails to mention how much something costs (I believe his holidays cost more than I make in an entire year) and regularly gets his gay on in clubs. It's all about the bling and the money that it costs and personally I find his stories very entertaining. He recently bought a new appartment for himself and his friend of about 220m2 on the top of a building, with a 95m2 living room and an additional terrace of 120m2. It will feature a 65 inch screen (valid addition imo) and..... a Bose sound system.

I love it :)

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Oh dear, took you a while to noctice it... I just make my own opinion & let it speak for it self. ;) There is always snobbery in every part of life. nothing new.

jjbomber

Broner said:
He recently bought a new appartment for himself and his friend of about 220m2 on the top of a building, with a 95m2 living room and an additional terrace of 120m2. It will feature a 65 inch screen (valid addition imo) and..... a Bose sound system.

I hope he's having it delivered!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts