Is bi wiring through two channels on one amp Worth IT and provide better sound and power quality????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear whathifi,

I have just brought a Yamaha 673 which has channel a and b for front speakers...Question: Does bi-wiring through both channel A and B into hi and low on the speakers independently through ONE amplifier improve the power and sound quality or is this a gimmick?Please can someone confirm this as want to understand if this does actually enhance the power and quality People in shops have been putting me off and saying bi wiring is nonsense and doesn't give any extra power or qualityThank you in advanceVickas

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I my experience it has made a differece the best thing to do is to try it for yourself although I would not use a + b terminals just the a some times just trying these things is the only way to find out :) :)

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have also just bought this amp and have decided to bi-amp it. I have the tweeters powered on one channel and the main drivers on another. i have been advised it is better and I am also doing it since im running some Q Accoustics 2050i speakers and they are pretty power hungry. At least this way, im getting enough power to the speakers. the 2050i cabinets are huge!

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I am not WHF but try it, if you have the cable then you have nothing to lose. How you wire the speakers makes a difference too, using speaker A to drive your HF and Speaker B to drive the woofers is not the only option - using the right channel of both speaker A and B to drive your right speaker and the left channels to drive your left speaker is another option.(imo sounds better too and a better load for your amp)

make sure you have an imaging disc to make sure your in phase on all speakers connected.

the gains - are better seperation in the top end and more control in the bass a cleaner midrange. will it be louder?, no. but more dynamic and easier to listen to, yes. Don't be fooled if you don't hear an instant difference, over prolonged listening you will start to notice details you never noticed before in your music. its worth the experimentation.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
no....

Using speaker A to drive the tweeters only and spreaker B to drive mid/bass drivers is ...er...different. the other suggestion differs as in speaker A drives one speaker (i.e right speaker - tweeter & mid /bass driver - it balances out the output as opposed to an easy load (tweeters) on one set of speaker out and the heaveir load of the mid bass drivers through the other.

it makes both A & B output the same load, yeah I had to think it through too.

TRENDING THREADS