iPod Touch Streaming and/or Media Server

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to streaming music direct from your Ipod Touch to a stereo? Inparticulat, Arcam Solo Mini... Any solutions for this?

Also, can anyone recomend a good WiFi storage system in which i can stoe movie files & music files yet access wirelessly? (This would work wonders as I can use the samsung wireless connection from my TV.)

Appreciate your help

Thanks

A

Anonymous

You could store music etc on an Apple TV and control with iPod Touch.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Well, we've just tested the new Marantz IS 301 dock (£260) which has a handheld attachment that clips to your iPod to transmit music wirelessly (via Bluetooth) to a receiver plugged in to your hi-fi. However, the sound quality wasn't that great.

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks - to both replies.

You'd think someone would have tapped into this idea already? What with so many stereos with USB ports.

Apple TV is potentially an option ... Have WHF reviewed the recent Apple TV?

Cheers

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, we reviewed the Apple TV in February this year and were highly impressed with it. It's great if you're a regular iTunes user, and you can use an iPhone or Touch with the Remote app installed to control it.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Just come across the Audioengine W2, which might be what you're after. We haven't tested it yet, but looks interesting. Seems to be available in the USA, and rumour has it that it's coming to the UK sometime soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts