Video streaming from NAS storage

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

nads

Been reading this with interest As I have an issue with chromecast not sending some audio to the TV (Samsung). The TV also will not play the audio directly if I use the built in player. So I connect the chromecast to the AV amp and still have the same issue no audio. Playback through my media PC is fine with no issues. There certainly seems to be something chrome cast or VLC mobile can’t pass.

rjsdavis

Oct 27, 2020
Visit site
Been reading this with interest As I have an issue with chromecast not sending some audio to the TV (Samsung). The TV also will not play the audio directly if I use the built in player. So I connect the chromecast to the AV amp and still have the same issue no audio. Playback through my media PC is fine with no issues. There certainly seems to be something chrome cast or VLC mobile can’t pass.

Wish I could help - can barely get my videos streaming as it is!

rjsdavis

Oct 27, 2020
Visit site
Been playing last night and the files that don’t play sound on the system also don’t play sound on the iPad. Now to see what format the audio is.

I suspect you are on the right lines. I've downloaded some videos in the last week or two, that wouldn't stream (manually) from my NAS at all to my computer. I simply got an error code from my Window video player. VLC Player managed to play them though - as far as I can tell, they were 6-channel DTS soundtracks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts