iPod connectivity with old speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Until now I have been using standard Logitech 2.1 speakers with my iPod but recently I unearthed a pair of Linn Tukan speakers from about 10 years ago and a matching Linn Classik CD player. Although I am happy to play what CDs I have, alot of my music is only on my iPod/computer so I need a CD player which connects to these, is it simply a case of buying a modern player and hooking it up to the speakers or am I likely to run into compatibility issues? I can imagine technology has changed dramatically since these speakers were made so just thought I would check. (They are bi-wired if it makes any difference)

Thanks

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I may wrong about this but it seems Linn Classic is integrated CD player and amp.

if it's so then you are lucky because all you have to do is to buy an iPod dock with RCA out and connect it to your Linn's RCA ins. if your Linn has digital ins as well it's even better because you should connect iPod dock using its digital out to connect to digital in on your Linn to get better sonics.

if you let people know what set of inputs and outputs you have at the back of your Linn they're going to be able to give you a more precise answer.

TRENDING THREADS