iPhone with Nait 5i sounds quite good.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Well I was suprised.

I realised I had no 3.5mm -> 3.5mm lead yesterday. (I only had a 2 RCA - 3.5mm lead) I wanted to listen to the BBC production of "Looking glass war" in the kitchen on our Pure Evoke Flow but I had no lead to plug in the iPhone to it's 'aux' socket.

Got one today and also tried out the iPhone into my Nait 5i's front panel 3.5mm socket. (It sounded great through the kitchen radio but I was not too expecting much through the Nait.)

It sounded rather good actually. A little smoother/slightly less dynamic than with iTunes from the laptop via my DAC but still very respectable with no 'nasties' at all.

Think I will get me one of those Russ Andrews GQ-24 leads.

A

Anonymous

i agree with you chebby my son has a iphone and he connected
it to my hifi musical fidelity mono amps and very good it sounded to my ears
i may get one soon but all a bit daunting this downloading at my age ?.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
dvdaudio:....but all a bit daunting this downloading at my age ?.

I don't mind it.

I have had a complete revamp and re-organise of all my iTunes downloads over the last few months.

I have converted all of the lossless stuff and anything I re-loaded is now in 256k VBR. All pre-AAC+/DRM (128k AAC) purchased downloads have all been upgraded to 256k with no DRM.

Also I have finally completed downloading a backlog of radio plays recorded back in the 1990s and early 2000s.

I had burnt them all from Nicam VHS audio recordings (taken off air from FM stereo) to DVD before we got rid of our last VHS/DVD/HDD player recorder, but had not got around to de-muxing all of them to AIFF with Mpeg Streamclip software and loading up to iTunes. (I used to use VHS Nicam audio to record so there were no breaks in long dramas unlike compact cassette.)

That is all done now. (I have them all on iTunes on three different machines - and their backups - for redundancy and the burnt DVDs kept at work in a locked desk.)

Apart from all the Drama/documentary/history stuff I also have three 'Jukeboxes' on my iTunes. Rock/Pop, Jazz and Classical and they are just that. All of my fave tracks get tipped into one or the other Jukeboxes and they get played with shuffle on for background.

Critical and selective listening is done on CD, FM tuner and Vinyl. (Actually I hate that term.. 'critical listening' and the image it summons up, but it will have to do.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts