iOS 5...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
Explains a lot...

http://www.cultofmac.com/123773/confirmed-ios5-demand-caused-highest-ever-traffic-spike-in-uk/

Mine downloaded fine but I am on Virgin Cable not any BT landline based service. Also I didn't start until after 22:00 (a lot people had probably given up by then!)

scene

I decided I had a few hours to spare over the weekend, so I decided to upgrade my iPad to IOS5...

Having read about the issues with demand on the servers, I decided to download the upgrade first and then run the upgrade. It backed up my iPad OK, installed IOS5 OK and then reported there was an issue with "connecting to the servers" and bombed out :( and when it restarted it tried to restore from back up it gave an "error -34", repeatedly :help:

After an hour or so I went online, and found that this had been reported before, and the only choices were to restart my iPad from scratch |( or do the initial setup on the iPad for IOS5, and then when it got to the "error -34", when it offered to Restore from backup or Delete the backup, delete the backup and just synch with iTunes...

This seems to have worked - though it was still synching when I left this morning (ALAC->AAC conversion on synch)... Not the best user experience ever...

A

Anonymous

I had the same problem with location reminders until I switched off wi-fi

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts