Intermittent blank screen and audio cuts out

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an Onkyo 606, Sky HD, XBox 360 and Sony BDP S350 all connected via HDMI. It seems as though the Onkyo treats the HDMI ports differently.

Whichever device is connected to HDMI port 1 works fine. Whatever is connected to ports 2, 3 and 4 all have an intermittent problem whereby the screen goes black and the sound cuts out for a few seconds, then comes back.

The display on the Onkyo shows all the icons going off then coming back on, as if I had changed the source. I have tried connecting directly to the TV (bypassing Onkyo) and it works fine.

Had to give up watching a blu-ray last night as it kept cutting out too much. Has anyone experience this before?

A

Anonymous

Hi, just seen your post.

I have the Onkyo 606, Sony BDP-350 and Panasonic 32LXD500.

I have a similarly frustrating intermittant issue...I use a Logitech Harmony One to control all devices, yet about 50% of the time when all devices are on, there is a blank black screen with the letters HDMI at the top left of the screen? Someone has told me this is due to the different turning on times for the 3 devices, and that the Onkyo has a noticeable delay. I have tried altering the "delay times" within the Logitech settings, although am not too sure what I'm doing there!

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I suspect the problem is the Onkyo. I'm pretty sick of it now and will be replacing it with a Denon AVR 1912 as soon as I have the money.

Never buying an Onkyo again - I don't care what What HiFi say. They don't have to use one everyday.

mykspence

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with a 606, Sky on 1, Sony BD on 2, PS3 on 3, PC on 4, only the PS3 is affected. Thanks for confirming for me that the 606 is at fault.

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've honestly tried everything. Bought expensive new QED HDMI cables, did an hard reset on the Onkyo - all kinds of things.

I'm switching to a Marantz NR 1602 this weekend. :dance:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts