Interesting Topic - READ! Adele 19 - Hi end audio

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone. Many of you no doubt own the Adele 19 cd. It is great music and I highly recommend it.

HOWEVER, there is some overly bright high frequency content on this CD and I want everyone else's opinion on this. One track that demonstrates this particularly well is track 3 called "Chasing Pavements". This is unfortanate as it is one of the best tracks on this CD.

So you know where I'm coming from, I have what I would call a budget high end system consisting of the latest NAD and B&W products with decent wire. I have tried swapping in and out speakers, as well as all the electronics with no success in eliminating the unwelcome high frequency brashness on this CD. I've therefore concluded that the content is in fact on the CD and not introduced by my equipment.

Interestingly, I have noticed that when I swap in a lower quality CD player the harshness is reduced and less unpleasant. Since this CD is semi-marketed as an audiophile recording, it makes me wonder if this CD was intentionally produced to over emphasize the high frequency content so that the music sounds more up front and clean on the typical muddy low fidelity equipment used by most consumers.

I would like to know from all of you if you concur with my findings regarding this CD and in particular track 3. Also, what are your thoughts on my theory regarding intentional poor production empasizing high frequency content for mass market appeal? Thanks. I hope at least a few of you will agree that this is an interesting discussion topic. -Jax

A

Anonymous

Hi Jax,

I've just had this on (not my CD though I'll have you note), track 3 in particular, and I would say it is a bright recording. Your better system is simply highlighting the harshness the lesser system is subdueing.

T

the record spot

Hot topic these days; poorly recorded discs are nothing new, but compare a well recorded and mastered disc with what you're listening to and it's like night and day.

Who mastered it? Does it say on the liner notes in the booklet?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts