Interconnect

Canham1976

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi there I'm looking for a new interconnect ive got a musical fidelity x ray and x a1 amp..I'm looking at the chord c line or qed reference audio 40..as both now same price which would be better or is there others to look at..love to hear from you guys thanks matt

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I use NVA Sound Cord and Super Sound Cord interconnects and they are brilliant. The Sound Cord is so cheap it would be silly not to try it to be honest. As with all NVA products you get 30 days to send back if you don't like but I very much doubt you would return either of them.

Canham1976

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your post..Ive just had a look at nva sc and ssc they have a very good review and as you say sc are cheap @£18 and ssc @£65..im tempted

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
They are so cheap that I think anyone looking for interconnects should at least give them a go. My Super Sound Cords were significantly better than a £180 set of Cyrus interconnects and that was when used in a Cyrus system! Like I said if you don't like them you can simply return them so it's no risk!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
TrevC said:
Use the freebies. No outlay and identical sound!

'Non believers' like you and I are probably better sitting-out these type of threads. I've found that generally people don't want to be told they're mistaken, unless they specifically ask 'is this a load of tripe or is there something to it'. While we might be trying with our best intentions to stop them making [sometimes very expensive] wasted purchases on the assumption that they genuinely don't understand, I've learned it's not the message they want to hear and it rubs their fur the wrong way, no matter how you say it.

That said, for £18...I'd give it a shot, even if it's just buying you better build than the standard cables.

MajorFubar said:
TrevC said:

'Non believers' like you and I are probably better sitting-out these type of threads. I've found that generally people don't want to be told they're mistaken, unless they specifically ask 'is this a load of tripe or is there something to it'. While we might be trying with our best intentions to stop them making [sometimes very expensive] wasted purchases on the assumption that they genuinely don't understand, I've learned it's not the message they want to hear and it rubs their fur the wrong way, no matter how you say it.

That said, for £18...I'd give it a shot, even if it's just buying you better build than the standard cables.

Well said Major.

Alberich

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
TrevC said:

Well then why don't you?

Why don't you stay away from threads that discuss something you obviously have no time for, instead of trying to patronise those involved with comments like 'rub their fur the wrong way'

It seems a benign and freindly discussion between people about cables rubs your fur the wrong way.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree with TrevC.

Try the the freebies and use them as a benchmark to compare against all the other leads that you fancy.

If you don't have any freebies, try the shortest £1.49 to £3.49 leads that will connect everything up.

Try all the sale or return leads that you fancy, plus any leads you can sell on for the same price you bought them at.

And then please come back here and tell us how your home demos of all the leads you tried went.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Alberich said:
MajorFubar said:
TrevC said:

Well then why don't you?

Why don't you stay away from threads that discuss something you obviously have no time for, instead of trying to patronise those involved with comments like 'rub their fur the wrong way'

It seems a benign and freindly discussion between people about cables rubs your fur the wrong way.

One sided debate then, new comers will only hear cables make a difference and such things as expensive cables make a night and day difference.

K

keeper of the quays

Cables do make a difference..so all the wise and noble gentleman above who have kindly showered their years of discerning listening into cables make no difference! Are any of them using freebie cables? Why would anyone have expensive equipment and join it up with freebie interconnects? It frankly ludicrous!

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
james_LR90 said:
They are so cheap that I think anyone looking for interconnects should at least give them a go. My Super Sound Cords were significantly better than a £180 set of Cyrus interconnects and that was when used in a Cyrus system! Like I said if you don't like them you can simply return them so it's no risk!

Agreed. The only time I noticed any difference between interconnects was between freebies & Chord Chameleons in my system.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
Cables do make a difference..so all the wise and noble gentleman above who have kindly showered their years of discerning listening into cables make no difference! Are any of them using freebie cables? Why would anyone have expensive equipment and join it up with freebie interconnects? It frankly ludicrous!

Not as ludicrous as spending lots of money on cables.

Alberich

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
BigH said:
Alberich said:
MajorFubar said:
TrevC said:

Well then why don't you?

One sided debate then, new comers will only hear cables make a difference and such things as  expensive cables make a night and day difference. 

One sided debate? Don't make me laugh.
Patronising comments do not constitute a debate.
One sided dogma from the 'Non believers' more like it.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Alberich said:
MajorFubar said:
TrevC said:

Well then why don't you?

Stop being so professionally offended, there's people dying in this world in the hands of wacky terrorists and this is just a cable debate. But congratulations on proving my point.

Alberich

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Alberich said:
MajorFubar said:
TrevC said:

Well then why don't you?

Stop being so professionally offended, there's nothing I said in my paragraph to Trev C which could have caused offence unless you chose it to. 'Rubs their fur the wrong way' is a basic figure of speech...an idiom which means 'winds people up'. If you find that offensive then I don't know how you've survived in this world so far. Certainly you'd have come home every day from my school in tears. Probably after a daily leathering from the school bully to whom you would have been a sitting duck if simple phrases like that really do 'rub your fur the wrong way'. 

I'm not offended in the slightest, never mind professionally.You were condescending to the OP and his line of discussion. Simple.

Love your rhetoric i must say. Does that type of stuff come natural to you? Course it does. Your the archetypal forum poster who has forgotten how to behave himself. Love it, keep it coming please.

Alberich

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Alberich said:
MajorFubar said:
TrevC said:

Well then why don't you?

Stop being so professionally offended, there's people dying in this world in the hands of wacky terrorists and this is just a cable debate. But congratulations on proving my point. 

Where's the rest of your comment gone then??

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Alberich said:

i exercised my right to edit it. Just like my first post in the thread which was specifically to Trev C, you never can tell when another Professionally Offended might turn up from nowhere and take offence at something I didn't say to them.

Alberich

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Alberich said:

i exercised my right to edit it. Just like my first post in the thread which was specifically to Trev C, you never can tell when another Professionally Offended might turn up from nowhere and take offence at something I didn't say to them. 

Well we are lucky I quoted you then arn't we. It's there to see.
Thanks for proving my point.
Any more?

Alberich

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Alberich said:
MajorFubar said:
Alberich said:

Well we are lucky I quoted you then arn't we. It's there to see.
Thanks for proving my point.
Any more?

You yourself admitted that maybe you should stay out of cable threads, but you can't help yourself can you? You warrior you.
Don't become professionally offended just because I reminded you of your lack of impulse control. Your genuinely cracking me up here.

Alberich said:
MajorFubar said:
TrevC said:

Well then why don't you?

You honestly think this forum is a good place for a friendly discussion about cables? Perhaps if you searched previous threads you will see you've come to the wrong place. :)

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
drummerman said:
I use profigold Oxypure. Fantastic.

Go compare.

Its too noisy
teeth_smile.gif

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Alberich said:
Don't become professionally offended just because I reminded you of your lack of impulse control. Your genuinely cracking me up here.

Think you need to ask the nurse to increase your medication. Let the record show that the first person to start an argument on this thread is you. You decided you were taking offence to a reply I made directly to another member, on a thread which upto that point you hadn't even contributed to. You had the right to ignore it, but no, you had to plough in and make more of it than was ever intended. Get over your big self.

EDIT: Oh and while we're at it, on my post which offended your soul so much, you may notice I recommended he tried the £18 cable. It could be a good buy. But of course you don't mention that in your criticism because it doesn't suit your agenda of depicting me as the thread's trouble maker.

TRENDING THREADS