Interconnect - Multistrand vs Solid Core

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, first post so here goes...

I currently have a Marantz pm7001KI coupled with a CD6002 using QED qunex interconnects, however, I am looking to change these interconnects as I do not feel I am getting the most out of my system! I have read through the what hi-fi buyer's guide and there are a good number of top rated cables, I was originally drawn to the Atlas Equator and then the DNM reson caught my eye. I could go on... but anyway, back to my question - how do solid core interconnects stack up against the (majority) multistrand offerings and would one type be more suited to my system than the other?

I would be interested to hear what interconnects you guys use and would recommend based on my amp/cd combo. It it helps I use QED X-Tube xt300 speaker wire and the speakers themselves are Acoustic Energy Neo 3's (MJ acoustic pro50 mk2 sub).

Thanks! 

A

Anonymous

I have heard your exact set up with QED cables and I also felt something was missing. I swapped to Chord cables and all was better. The XT300 is less bright than the SAXT but is nothing compared to the open airiness of the Chord Odyssey 2. Many people prefer the QED sound as it can liven up a dull system, however I think you are case in point of the opposite.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Octopo. Do you think I would notice more of a difference changing the speaker wire as opposed to the interconnects between my cd player and amp? Maybe I should be changing both?!

Just out of interest, you mentioned you had heard my set up with QED cables. Did that include both QED interconnects and speaker wires? I'm thinking I may have to set aside a bit more of a budget for a cable overhaul at this rate...

ÿ

Cheers againÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts