Interconnect help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone help me out with which cable to use between cd and amp.

I have an Arcam CD72T An Arcam A65+ and B&W 601S3 speakears.

Probably one of these cables I just don't know which one would suit the best.

Atlas Equator

Chord Crimson or Chord Cobra

Van Den Hul The Name

QED Performance, QED Reference, or QED Signature.

If there is anything else feel free to through it in there

Thanks RS

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Bluboy,

I recommend the kimber pbj or timbre as well. Chord crimson are a nice starter cable balanced and fairly open, chord cobra 3 is a little more open and detailed. In the past I tried QED but not as nice and natural sounding like the chords. The more expensive vandenhul v102 iii were a little harsh on my system not sure about vanden hul the name. Atlas Equator get good reviews.

All the best.

Steve.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
got an e bay ac ?

search silver hi breed . copper, silver plated hi breed cable, less than £30 delivered, read the feed back.

no fancy packing, no fat dealer margins, just extreme value for money.

i have 3 sets and for the money untouchable....

A

Anonymous

Too many to call....however...I use Merlin interconnects and speaker cable and I am very happy with it. Have a look at their website, they have a varied range and all good stuff

here

A

Anonymous

lordmortlock:Second hand Chord company chameleon silver plus - just to confuse matters further!

I second lordmortlock, Chord Cham Silver Plus is probably the most popular cable here and there is a solid reason why.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
seasiders rock:
emotion-11.gif
got an e bay ac ?

search silver hi breed . copper, silver plated hi breed cable, less than £30 delivered, read the feed back.

no fancy packing, no fat dealer margins, just extreme value for money.

i have 3 sets and for the money untouchable....

If you aren`t soldering iron inclined this is a good plan, expensive cables are usually a rip-off.

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
seasiders rock:
emotion-11.gif
got an e bay ac ?

Hmm can't find it on the bay. Hows it spelt?

A

Anonymous

lordmortlock:Chainrock - are you related to Seasiders rock?

Nope
emotion-1.gif

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
lordmortlock:seasiders rock:
emotion-11.gif
got an e bay ac ?

Hmm can't find it on the bay. Hows it spelt?

in the search bar put silver hi....on the drop down silver high breed should appear. they are def there, just looked.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
oh no ~ they mention 'burn in' and we ALL know that cant possibly be true
emotion-4.gif

7-Day Trial Period: In
case these ICs does not sound good on your system after the full 60
hours recommended burn-in period, please inform by email. Full refund
including the return postage will be settled in the condition that the
item is not damaged and no sign of being tampered with.

A

Anonymous

With these silver hi breed interconnects - it says that they have a 'twin layer of silver braids' an excellent protection against EMI/RFI. But i was only aware that copper mesh screens were the best and main use to block out EMI/RFI in most manufacturers cables, can anyone clarify? Cheers

idc

Hi Paul. According to my engineering buddy the best way to reduce RFI and EMI is to braid a cable. This works for any cable and the longer the cable the more obvious the benefit. I asked about the science behind this, but did not understand the answer. I am trying to persuade him to come onto the forum. But he once took 15 minutes to tie one shoe lace. So getting him to do anything can involve months of preparation.

A

Anonymous

Lol, looks like we will have to wait a month for a definative answer. I thought that the cable wires themselves had to be braided to reduce emi/rfi and not a layer of braid around them unless of course this was copper, but what i was wondering is if silver does the same thing?

idc

I have just reread the specs and see what you mean, the silver braid is round the copper. To be honest with you I like the look of the cable because of its construction and belt and baces attitude. It has copper, silver, braiding, thick sheething and ferrite cores, all of which are supposed to produce beneficial results. Add in a very reasonable price as I would need about 50cm, so about £25 or so and it looks a very good deal.

A

Anonymous

Along similar lines, I bought one of these to give it a try and it is absolutely superb and for £25 delivered is quite outstandinig value for money. Also the guy has 100% feedback and a money back guarantee so it's a no-brainer. Only slight drawback is the 0.5 length cable is not as flexible as some.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Paulthefilmfan:With these silver hi breed interconnects - it says that they have a 'twin layer of silver braids' an excellent protection against EMI/RFI. But i was only aware that copper mesh screens were the best and main use to block out EMI/RFI in most manufacturers cables, can anyone clarify? Cheers

Hi Paul

As IDC said the best way to reduce 'noise' from the signal itself is via a braid (The more wires and the tighter the braid the better the result). Braided cables also repel airbourne 'EMI'.

All other cables use 'shielding' to repel EMI and some use 'ferrite filters' to repel noise (Which looks like they have some on the cables in question too)

However, these are the first cables ive ever known that have a braid OVER the signal wires (Actually seperate to them from what I can tell). How well they work I have no clue as its a new one on me (And doesnt actually make sense to me).

Im a hugh fan of braided cables as I use them on all my av and hifi equipment (To fantastic effect)

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
]idc:I have just reread the specs and see what you mean, the silver braid is round the copper. To be honest with you I like the look of the cable because of its construction and belt and baces attitude. It has copper, silver, braiding, thick sheething and ferrite cores, all of which are supposed to produce beneficial results. Add in a very reasonable price as I would need about 50cm, so about £25 or so and it looks a very good deal.

emotion-11.gif
for the price it,s a no brainer, i have 2 sets and other on the way.cdp to pre and pre to power.

bass can only be described as deep and tunefull , there is no harshness, i was pre conditioned with silver that they would be bright, not so with these.

if these were in fancy packing and at a dealers put a 1 or a 2 on the front of the price.

they have to be coming out of china at this price, direct, no middleman, hence the silly price.

as pointed out they have recieved rave reviews from forum members at another site.

( that i cant mention )

the speaker cable is also rated very highly, and you get a free t shirt with every order, you to can look like a geek in asda !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts