Input lag on a SamsungUE46c8000 will i notice any input lag on gaming?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having read the exellent 3D supertest today in Decembers issue i love the sound and looks of the sammy set but there isnt any mention of input lag on any of the sets tested.also am considering the Sony46HX903 , i will be doing a fair bit of gaming ie FIFA GT5 when its finally released!!!

Can anyone give any advice thanks .

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
general viewing has VERY bad lag

Gaming mode goes down to 32ms (not bad). BUT, this is specifically on 1080P/60 mode. 720P (must be due to scaling) has worse lag

As most games run at 720P and your specifically wanting it for gaming, id pass

A

Anonymous

So what would you recommend alienRIK? bearing i mind im looking at a 3d capable 46 inch set.

A

Anonymous

Lag on a monitor only makes up a small amount of the input lag on computer game.

A prominant technical hardware site makes the following analysis on input lag

General lag is typically made up of

controller 8ms

Cpu 20ms

Gpu 33ms

Frame Transmisson 16 ms

Double Buffer Sync 16ms

Monitor lag 32 ms

Total 125ms

As u can see montor lag is only a small percentage and an increase in 10% monitor lag doesnt add up to that large an overall input lag increase (3%)

A Samsung Ue46C8000 has an input lag of @32ms in game mode. There is no problem playing either single player or multiplayer games on it.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
edsib1:

A Samsung Ue46C8000 has an input lag of @32ms in game mode. There is no problem playing either single player or multiplayer games on it.

Unfortunately, all 720P content is higher than 32ms(Which is borderline to begin with)

And anyone with a faster tv will have an advantage playing online games

Not to mention the rest of those statistics are generally meaningless

A

Anonymous

Those figures come from probably the most highly regarded tech site out there...

The Samsung & Sony have practically the same input lag (32,31).

As I pointed out lag on the monitor is only part of the picture. I'd be more concerned with network latency when playing online games.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
edsib1:
Those figures come from probably the most highly regarded tech site out there...

The Samsung & Sony have practically the same input lag (32,31).

As I pointed out lag on the monitor is only part of the picture. I'd be more concerned with network latency when playing online games.

Whats the lag for the samsung displaying 720P content?

TRENDING THREADS