In your view who is the biggest rock band of all time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:
Metallica.
agree currently Metallica as all of the other bands like AC/DC , Ozzy , Black Sabbath , guns & roses , old school bands are retiring *sorry2*
When they introduced Metallica at Glastonbury 2014 they introduced them as the best rock band of all time - which I agree with.

D

Deleted member 2457

drummerman said:
The Stones
I thought they would get a mention.
regular_smile.gif

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
London Symphony Orchestra. Biggest band with cult status that played rock music. Second would be Zappa's Mothers of Invention.

insider9

Probably goes to your definition of rock... which would not include Metallica imho. Otherwise where do you draw the line?

Led Zeppelin would be up there definitely. I think Pearl Jam deserves an honorable mention.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
vinyl collection as a guide and ignoring those bands previously mentioned, my pick would be a band I've enjoyed massively for nearly 30 years, Faith No More. How time flies...

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
friendly_ghost said:
Of all time...has to be Led Zeppelin

Of course it is - the longevity of Led Zep 1 and 2 (and musicianship) is without compare.

Rolling Stones - good shout - how do they do it!

tonky

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:
As mentioned mefore, it depends on your definition. And if you're including Metallica, I cannot believe no-one has mentioned Iron Maiden!

Seeing them next month!
iron maiden are good have all there albums upto fear of the dark album and the 2 albums with blaze bayley singing which i thought were very good .

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
BS quote;

yes I like Led Zeppelin

my favorite song is since I've been loving you I am also a big fan of Pink Floyd
Mine too. The 1973 Maddison Square garden gig on DVD - superb with DTS soundtrack.On Vlad's "biggest" theme: Deep Purple with the Royal Philharmonic at the Albert hall, 1969.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
emperor's new clothes said:
BS quote;

yes I like Led Zeppelin

my favorite song is since I've been loving you I am also a big fan of Pink Floyd
Mine too. The 1973 Maddison Square garden gig on DVD - superb with DTS soundtrack.On Vlad's "biggest" theme: Deep Purple with the Royal Philharmonic at the Albert hall, 1969.
yep them too

deep purple are very good ... child in time

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Led Zep for me, as well....but Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Stone Roses are all close. Aerosmith also deserves a mention.

Left field suggestion - Focus.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
In terms of album sales, tours etc Kiss has to be up there with the rest?
I'm not saying they're on a par musically but they're still popular

I'm not a big fan but u2 are up there surely.And sabbath if you've only came across the who now.....wtf have you been and what have you been listening too.....lol.oh and nobody's mentioned Queen . just too many bands to mention and everyone has an opinion that is probably a bit biased.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
I'm not a big fan but u2 are up there surely.And sabbath if you've only came across the who now.....wtf have you been and what have you been listening too.....lol.oh and nobody's mentioned Queen . just too many bands to mention and everyone has an opinion that is probably a bit biased.
the reason I've been a bit slow on finding out what The Who is like is I thought it was mod music so stayed clear of the band . I was watching the film war dogs and one of The Who tracks came up which I liked the song was called behind blue eyes so I looked the album up and liked baby don't you do it .

I'd never dis a band just because of what kind of music they played....you need to peek your head out of that box it's stuck in buddy.I was away listening to my local symphony Orchestra the other week...I'm not hugely into classical music but I need to know about it before I can diss it and have an opinion......but in all honesty it was a fantastic experience.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
I'd never dis a band just because of what kind of music they played....you need to peek your head out of that box it's stuck in buddy.I was away listening to my local symphony Orchestra the other week...I'm not hugely into classical music but I need to know about it before I can diss it and have an opinion......but in all honesty it was a fantastic experience.
am I bad ! I've lived a sheltered live *smile*

Yes you are bad....now for your sins you must download Spotify premium and go on the discover tab.lol....I will give you an album to start you off..one of my all time faves that I can keep going back to......the The mind bomb.....as it says on the inner sleeve.....play very loud,very late and very alone.....enjoy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts