In your view who is the biggest rock band of all time?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Yes you are bad....now for your sins you must download Spotify premium and go on the discover tab.lol....I will give you an album to start you off..one of my all time faves that I can keep going back to......the The mind bomb.....as it says on the inner sleeve.....play very loud,very late and very alone.....enjoy!
*smile* yes sir sorry sir

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Led Zeppelin is wet farts for sissies. And they stole other bands music.

203_logo.png

I preffer refined vocalists.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
avole said:
Topic was the biggest, not the best.

Also, Metallica, Motorhead et al weren't rock.

Hard to go past the Carpenters.

Biggest = number of band members. Thus London Symphony Orchestra, which played with the greatest rock bands.

Motorhead is both metal and rock genre.

lemmy.jpg

avole

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
who voted for Zappa. Hardly big in any sense, but not far from the best.

P.S. Motorhead were endearing, but far from being even close to AC/DC.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
avole said:
who voted for Zappa. Hardly big in any sense, but not far from the best.

Count the band members in the Mothers. Biggest rock band. Still slow on the joke avole.

BTW you need Lemmy to make Metallica sound good. *dirol*

2FA9F86200000578-3376979-image-m-7_1451389657818.jpg

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
I'd never dis a band just because of what kind of music they played....you need to peek your head out of that box it's stuck in buddy.I was away listening to my local symphony Orchestra the other week...I'm not hugely into classical music but I need to know about it before I can diss it and have an opinion......but in all honesty it was a fantastic experience.
am I bad ! I've lived a sheltered live *smile*

No time to hear everything BS - it means there is so much stuff to discover and enjoy! - with a rocking system to enjoy it on too!

cheers tonky

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
tonky said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
I'd never dis a band just because of what kind of music they played....you need to peek your head out of that box it's stuck in buddy.I was away listening to my local symphony Orchestra the other week...I'm not hugely into classical music but I need to know about it before I can diss it and have an opinion......but in all honesty it was a fantastic experience.
am I bad ! I've lived a sheltered live *smile*

No time to hear everything BS - it means there is so much stuff to discover and enjoy! - with a rocking system to enjoy it on too!

cheers tonky
I kind of stick to bands I've enjoyed for years and now and again an odd song or album comes up I like from something that was made years ago a specially classic rock .

but I am not really a fan of anything modern I am starting to appreciate the older bands more for their ability to play really good quality music which a lot of modern bands just can not touch in my opinion I just do not like the style of music today .

How can you say that your not interested in anything modern if you don't listen to today's alternative artists.....plenty of stuff about that you'd be into...with your interests of black sabbath,Metallica,etc....black Mountain,black angels,Sleepy Sun,wooden shzips,and if it's a bit of prog then tool...Lateralus,10000 days and have a wee listen to the Decemberists hazards of love,oh and all the Cure's albums I am a bit biased with them though...Disintegration is imho one of the finest albums ever made.I could go on and on and on.lol.

D

Deleted member 108165

Always knew that you guys on here were a buch of head-bangers *bomb* I'm outa here.... *biggrin*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
How can you say that your not interested in anything modern if you don't listen to today's alternative artists.....plenty of stuff about that you'd be into...with your interests of black sabbath,Metallica,etc....black Mountain,black angels,Sleepy Sun,wooden shzips,and if it's a bit of prog then tool...Lateralus,10000 days and have a wee listen to the Decemberists hazards of love,oh and all the Cure's albums I am a bit biased with them though...Disintegration is imho one of the finest albums ever made.I could go on and on and on.lol.
stuck in my ways I guess

there just something about the old bands I like do not get me wrong I try and listen to The newer stuff but not had much luck in finding new bands because when I listen to the newest stuff I am looking for the old ways in newer bands but they just muck it up by mixing a bit of rap or a bit death metal or some element I hate which the older bands just do not do . I think it's just me getting older stuck in my ways

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
It was a sign of the times - 1970 to 1978 approx (some much earlier Stones, Beatles, Who) - the newness, freshnessand vibrancy of the music - so many original bands.

Free - Black Sabbath - The Who - Jethro Tull - Yes - The Doors - Pink Floyd - Genesis - Emerson Lake and Palmer - Cream - Roxy Music - Deep Purple - And David Bowie

Loads more - above are my favourites ( Genesis a bit hit and miss for me - loved Peter Gabriel tho!)

tonky

manicm

For a band that stopped touring at the height of their career, it has to be the Beatles if you think about it. Not even Led Zep would have been able to pull that off. In fact NOBODY else could have pulled it off.

The Beatles it is then.

And if you think I'm joking, Harry Styles' new single is completely and glaringly derivative of Lennon/Bowie. Zayne Malik is still having the last laugh, as far as I can hear.

manicm

Vladimir said:
Mods are on infinite bank holiday.

Also Nirvana way better band than Led Zeppelin or Metallica.

I still maintain Nirvana's Nevermind was pop sh*t, no more, no less. Half of it's OK, half of it I find intolerable. In Utero was superior.

In any event I think Manic Street Preachers was way better than Nirvana - and they arguably made rock's 2 greatest records of the 90s, and perhaps all time - The Holy Bible and Everything Must Go.

To me saying Nirvana was way better than Led Zep is like saying Gaga is better than Madonna - she's patently not.

Then again it's just my taste - the only other grunge album I really liked was Soundgarden's Superunknown.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
manicm said:
For a band that stopped touring at the height of their career, it has to be the Beatles if you think about it. Not even Led Zep would have been able to pull that off. In fact NOBODY else could have pulled it off.

The Beatles it is then.

And if you think I'm joking, Harry Styles' new single is completely and glaringly derivative of Lennon/Bowie. Zayne Malik is still having the last laugh, as far as I can hear.
status Quo is a band that has been a round longer then the Beatles and did more touring then the Beatles ever did . Ozzy Osborne has been touring for the last 50 years the Beatles lasted 5 minutes .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts