impossible to connect bare cable to cyrus amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just received a cyrus amp. I intended to test it now but I have only a "bare" cable and it looks like it is impossible to connect it. I intended to order a good terminated cable but it is quite frustrating to have to wait so many days... Anywas is it better to use the right plugs (forgot the name) directly or is it just as good to use banana plugs with the cyrus provided adapters?

Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

Haha have just done some more research and apparently it is possible to put bare wires in them using the little screw...

A

Anonymous

An OP who solves his own issues! Welcome to the forum maddav.

emotion-1.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Yeah. BFAs are annoying. When I removed my A65+ to stick my A85 in its place, I thought it was a simple case of pull the banana plugs out the old amp and put 'em in the new one. But no. regular bananas don't fit the A85!!
emotion-12.gif

At least the A85 has got the ability to screw bare wires in.

A

Anonymous

You should be able to buy BFA plugs with screws to hold the cable for three or four Pounds each at your local pukka hifi dealer. I use Ixos or Atlas branded ones and they seem to work fine, although when I've got the time I intend to take my main speaker cables taken in and have crimped ones fitted.

A word to the wise though - those BFA plugs don't like being bent and will snap off really easily,

A

Anonymous

This is actually how I solved the problems: the BFA connectors are supplied with the amp but it is not obvious at first sight that they are designed to put bare wire in them... Now the infrared sensor of the remote doesn't work so it looks like this amp will have to go back to the manufacturer anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts