admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is 24p on the Z81b going to remove 3:2 pull down from blue ray?

I really hate the IFC on this TV. And would be setting it to off when displaying 1080/24p.

I read on another forum that 24p real cinema is simply the adding of IFC on 24p signals. Does that mean with IFC off, i'll be getting a 3:2 pull down judder?

If this is the case, i may have made another mistake! I have no blue ray at the moment so i cannot test. Can anyone from what hi-fi clarify this point?

A

Anonymous

If you switch IFC off and play a 1080/24p BluRay you will get 24p playback on the TV as the director intended. If you switch IFC on it will generate extra frames for a supposedly smoother effect. Lots of people dont like it and turn it off, some people love it, just like marmite!

It doesnt do a 3:2 pulldown with 1080/24p material, thats done with a 1080i/60 signal.

A

Anonymous

ok, thats a relief!

I was just imagining the horrific 3:2 judder from the pulldown on my old samsung. the only way to get rid of it was to use motion-plus, but seeing as that was a bit of a joke in itself. There was no way out!

I can't imagine anyone liking Intelligent frame creation. Its super smooth movement, broken every now and again with a wierd juddering that makes it look like its loosing a grip on the motion its trying to process.

I think this is one department where the w4500 slightly exceeds this set. Motionflow is just as much a crime, however on "standard" there is a slight middle-ground. Smoother, but not quite so hyper-real.

Worked well for games (though playing on my pz81) however, i realise there was an increase in lag. The new streetfighter HD remix showed this on the w4500.

A

Anonymous

To be honest the Panny doesnt need any IFC help to cope with motion blurring. LCDs have to have lots of extra processing options to get a decent motion picture. Plasmas dont need it. I think IFC was meant for 1080p signals, not 576i SD. So just switch it off and enjoy a great picture. Certainly switch it off for games and you'll experience a lag free game.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I have it turned off on my 85, fast action like football looks really weird with it turned on. The ball seems to warp around the screen instead of a clean smooth motion. With it turned off it's perfect,with football,games or anything else you throw at it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts