dip settings for tube box s2

spl84

Jul 17, 2023
Visit site
I just got a tube box S2 and I'm in love with this thing. I have the Ortofon 2M blue and I THINK that I have the dip switches in the correct positions. I used the settings for the 2M Red as I think they are the same. I have the #3 switches in the on position and all others off. Does anyone know for sure if this is correct?

daytona600

Ortofon 2M Blue
input capacitance 147pF, input impedance 47kohms

Setting for MM and high output MC cartridges
47pF is basic is the lowest fixed setting. DIP switches 1, 2 and 3 add more capacitance
input capacitance 147pF (1-OFF, 2-OFF, 3-ON)
input capacitance 267pF (1-OFF, 2-ON, 3-OFF)
input capacitance 367pF (1-ON, 2-OFF, 3-ON)
input capacitance 487pF (1-ON, 2-ON, 3-OFF)
input capacitance 587pF (1-ON, 2-ON, 3-ON)

ECC83 valves try NOS new old stock valves from the 50/60/70s mullards/telefunken
Accu Box S2 battery PSU matching power unit

Reactions: spl84
For the 2M range Ortofon say:-
Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF

The resistance is the same for all MM cartridges. The capacitance has to take account of your arm cable. What is that? Around 100pF is probably average, so you’re in the right ballpark by adding a further 147.

As you’ll see, they mention a range. I suggest you try the first three settings and see if you can hear a difference/preference. The cartridge itself couldn’t care less, so you won’t harm it.

Reactions: spl84 and Al ears

spl84

Jul 17, 2023
Visit site
For the 2M range Ortofon say:-
Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF

The resistance is the same for all MM cartridges. The capacitance has to take account of your arm cable. What is that? Around 100pF is probably average, so you’re in the right ballpark by adding a further 147.

As you’ll see, they mention a range. I suggest you try the first three settings and see if you can hear a difference/preference. The cartridge itself couldn’t care less, so you won’t harm it.
I have no idea about the tone arm cable. It's an AT-Lp120. That's all I know. That's what the instructions said for the Red cartridge was #3 on and all others off so I'm guessing it's good there. It damn sure sounds good!

TRENDING THREADS