Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok if
Looks were not important
Space was not an issue
The wife was not an issue
budget was not an issue

What size speakers/make would you guys go for?

This is purely based on sound quality. As ive read recently that most speakers made now are designed to look good or 'fit' then the engineers are told make it work.

What would you have

Id have Atc scm 200s

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
These ....

g2-giya.jpg

or these

gallery07.jpg

or these

fazon-f5-red-finish.png

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
tino said:
These ....?

or these

or these

To me they still look like style statements and not pure sound quality production devices.

The 3rd set dont look much different to most modern speakers to me also.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Good question. Evrr since seeing the speakers Jesse Pinkman buys in breaking bad when he starts making much moola, have I really seen speakers that no matterhow impressive sonically, I couldnt buy. I think no bigger than standard floorstanders for me.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
And what size driver does it become compromise? Hope people know where im comming from?

Not what speakers would you buy if you were rich but purely as a sound reproduction tool.

TrevC

Andrewjvt said:
And what size driver does it become compromise? Hope people know where im comming from?

Not what speakers would you buy if you were rich but purely as a sound reproduction tool.

Speakers are always a compromise, even the most expensive, but I would still have to buy something that looks good as well as sounds good.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
To me they still look like style statements and not pure sound quality production devices.

The 3rd set dont look much different to most modern speakers to me also.

These are state of the art speakers, not just style statements. As a counterpoint to your thread ... you don't have to have to put up with a big ugly box and/or massive drivers to get a half decent sound.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I would go from ATC SCM40A to big ATC's.. probably SCM200ASL or 300ASL together with Antelope Audio pre amp/ dac and Auralic streamer.. I would also have some Stax earphones.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
drummerman said:
I like small speakers, small hifi's, small w..

fuj

my ultimate speakers would be any of those main, big studio monitors.. therefore I would love to hear big PMC next to ATC... the only time I've had a chance to listen some bigger PMC ( MB2) was at a dealer who used underpowered Naim amp for speakers that require 200 - 800 power amp.. dealers..

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
We all know you can get great sound from small speakers or style speakers but at what size does the size impact the reality of the sound quality?

There are a few that normally preach large horns and 15 inch drivers and swear by them.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lpv said:
I would go from ATC SCM40A to big ATC's.. probably SCM200ASL or 300ASL together with Antelope Audio pre amp/ dac and Auralic streamer.. I would also have some Stax earphones.

Have you ever compared your 40s to 150s or so

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts