Icon Audio ST40

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Well I have sucumbed to temptaion........managed to get one on home demo.

Just plugged it in - gonna give it an hour, shower, dinner and let the fun begin!

If I don't come back for a bit then dont worry!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
LOL thought I text

Yeah - in the words of Bestie

Spent all my money on Icon Audio - the rest I've wasted

This little beauty sounds out of this world, seriously im fooking grinning like a cheshire cat

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Mibbe you did mate , I turned the blower off a few hrs ago as its been getting on my wick with emergency call outs (on my day off the t/pots).

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Steve, now you will be able to hear the changes on the TT properly, a very sweet experiance, 'he did tell you so', bow at the shrine to (modern) valves. . . . ?

CJSF

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Good on you Steve but, I hope you don't mind, I don't get it.

All this 'I'm happy with the Brio-R' etc ... and now you spend another fortune on an amplifier?

What is it with the constant lack of satisfaction?

regards

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My Pathos came for a home demo and never left... :grin:

I knew you would like the valve sounding, it has a very especial 3d sound stage and imaging.

Another plus in valve amps or a hybrid like mine, is that you can tweak a bit with the presentation of the amp by changing the valves, i did that in the Pathos, didn't like the Eletro Harmonix 6922 that came with it and manage to get some other valves to demo at home and bought a pair of Amperex boggleboy and a pair of JJ with gold pins.

Now I think PP will be next on the list to buy a valve amp... ;)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
drummerman said:
Good on you Steve but, I hope you don't mind, I don't get it.

All this 'I'm happy with the Brio-R' etc ... and now you spend another fortune on an amplifier?

What is it with the constant lack of satisfaction?

regards

its on home demo drummer man - curiousity has got the better of me

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
smileys-coffee-416030.gif

chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Now I think PP will be next on the list to buy a valve amp... ;)

Nah. I'd prefer to chew on my gentlemens vegetables.

Given your nostalgic leanings towards all things mid-20th century (especially in audio) this suprises me.

More seriously, though. IF the room could accommodate a valve amp* and IF I ever changed the Leema then a valve amp of some description would be on my audition list.

* We only have room for a stacking unit/rack. The turntable will always remain a permanent fixture. It would be far too risky to plant a valve amp at the bottom of the rack.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts