i tunes problem

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
at christmas i brought an i pod 120 gig and after 2 weeks of ripping about 200 albums apple lossless and sorting all the artwork i decided i was gonna get the apple tv 160 gig to use as a music set up over my ps3 .but when i was about to rip my last disc nothing happend .so i tried using windows that worked then i tried ps3 that worked, itunes again nothing,after doing a diagnostic it said no audio cd.

am i doing something wrong or does this happen from time to time the disc is (camille-le fil,emi virgin music)

pls help. getting this to work will be the differance of me getting or not getting my apple tv and i had my hart set on lossless(and i can use my harmony 1 with it to) might only be one disc but if this is a regular thing that would really do my head in having disks saved on more than one unit.

ive got three magic beans for anyone who can help.

John Duncan

Sounds more like the one disc than anything else - have you tried any others? Though having just ripped 200 discs in quick succession, maybe drive needs cleaning (get one of those 3 quid CD/DVD cleaners)

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
yeah after about 5 atempts i had a go with a single and it ripped 1st time.i dont think i tunes even plays this disc.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
yeah played in car that day.then ripped it to ps3 and to windows media player on same laptop in the same drive thats weird aint it

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
whats really anoying is i can buy the same disc compressed from i tunes for £7.99.compaired to the £4.99 i payed in the shop for the disc

A

Anonymous

Hi Mate,

What CD are you trying to import ? I have ripped approx 500 cds to lossless without a problem but 1 disc does the same as you are describing which is Placebo "Meds".

Check the back of your cd box (where the track listing is) and below that it will say if the disc is compatable with i tunes.

On Meds it has a tick next to WMA but a cross next to ipod/windows.

Hope I have made sense!

A

Anonymous

Meds is virgin emi as well so it may be the compatability issue with i tunes.

Are you able to check the back of the case? Did I make sense?

John Duncan

Or amazon's mp3 site at 256k for under a fiver.

Are you able to burn it onto your PS3 hard drive using wav? Maybe then you could transfer to PC and convert to lossless? Am not a PS3 afficianado so don't know about these things.

John Duncan

You can do it on WMA lossless on a PS3? Can you then get it off the PS3 and on to your PC (with a USB stick or whatever)?

If so, you can then use something like dbPoweramp to convert it into an iTunes-friendly format (WAV or Apple Lossless).

Edit - hang on, reading OP again - when you say "windows lossless worked" - do you mean you are able to rip the CD using Windows Media Player? If so, just use that to rip to WAV - you can then import into iTunes and either leave it as is or convert to apple lossless within iTunes to save a bit of space.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
yeah i will try it later but i did try windows lossless and i tunes couldent do anything with it i will try wav later is that much diffrent

John Duncan

Not in terms of quality no but iTunes can't handle WMA lossless. However, both Windows Media Player and iTunes can create and read WAV, so if you import it into windows media player in wav format, you can then also import those files into your iTunes library using "File/Add to Library..."

idc

diy hubs:

Hi Mate,

What CD are you trying to import ? I have ripped approx 500 cds to lossless without a problem but 1 disc does the same as you are describing which is Placebo "Meds".

Check the back of your cd box (where the track listing is) and below that it will say if the disc is compatable with i tunes.

On Meds it has a tick next to WMA but a cross next to ipod/windows.

Hope I have made sense!

Read this and am now listening to Meds on my ipod classic which was imported as an MP3 at a bit rate of 256kbps onto itunes. The CD is in the loft, so I do not know what it says about compatability.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm,

Dont know how you managed that I have all the Placebo albums and all have imported no probs, just checked them and they do not have the info on the back of them about compatability.

Very Strange.

i

A

Anonymous

Just checked on www.emimusic.info and it explains on there that due to copy contolling software it is not possible to import into i tunes.

I can only assume as the op said his cd is emi that the same applies.

There are various faq on the above site re importing into wmp etc

Hope this helps

Messiah

JohnDuncan:.

Edit - hang on, reading OP again - when you say "windows lossless worked" - do you mean you are able to rip the CD using Windows Media Player? If so, just use that to rip to WAV - you can then import into iTunes and either leave it as is or convert to apple lossless within iTunes to save a bit of space.

Would second this. It is certainly the easiest work around to the problem and you will then still have a lossless version and not a compressed copy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts