I LOVE BLU RAY!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Took delivery of the matrix trilogy this week. The mrs is out so im cranking it up! if anyone out there is umming and arring about re-buying your favourite dvd titles on blu ray then, if you can afford it, go for it!!!!

Just ordered the bourne trilogy too. Cant wait for that to land!!

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Gander:

Carrier pigeon ?
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Although we like to upgrade our audio visual round these parrrrrrts, we 'ate change in the postal deparrrtment.......

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Gander:Took delivery of the matrix trilogy this week. The mrs is out so im cranking it up! if anyone out there is umming and arring about re-buying your favourite dvd titles on blu ray then, if you can afford it, go for it!!!!

emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Blu-ray is brilliant. So far I've had good experience with the films I've won/bought/rented. That was until I decided for fork out for Led Zep's The Song Remains. It sounds great. But unfortunately it looks pants. Nearly worse than some of my DVDs. I know the movie/concert is going back a few years but this transfer is very LOW-DEF. Wish I could get my money back. Maybe I'll try Flea-bay. Anyway, I'll stick to rentals for now. </rant>

A

Anonymous

i didnt notice the matrix to be much better than i remembered the dvd being.

this might have something to do with the 4 year old projector though since it was only component going into it.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
fast eddie:i didnt notice the matrix to be much better than i remembered the dvd being.

that's where I don't love bluray. When buying back catalogue stuff it really is caveat emptor, there are so many transfers that make so little of the medium (and I'm not talking about extra extras just the main movie and the sound).

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hmm, thought the Matrix was much better on Blu-Ray personally, I think the projector must have played a role in the picture - also were you watching with a proper HD sound system? As I remember, the sound was also a big improvement over the DVD.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I have to agree with the Prof on this as i havnt seen the matrix on bluray but i did watch it on Sky HD & i thought it was stunning much better than the Dvd version for sure.

Mind you im still not a huge fan of the movies though .

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Gander:
Took delivery of the matrix trilogy this week. The mrs is out so im cranking it up! if anyone out there is umming and arring about re-buying your favourite dvd titles on blu ray then, if you can afford it, go for it!!!!

Hi Gander,

It can be a hit & miss at times though, i recently bought "Ghost" on bluray & i didnt think it was an overall improvement over the DVD version, then again some can be great like "first blood" / "the Shining" for instance, there superb !

A

Anonymous

Well that'll teach you for buying ghost then wont it
emotion-5.gif
emotion-4.gif

I always read reviews on a certain blu ray review site before buying...... although i didnt quite agree with their recommendation for wanted!! (proper pants movie)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Gander:
Well that'll teach you for buying ghost then wont it
emotion-5.gif
emotion-4.gif

I always read reviews on a certain blu ray review site before buying...... although i didnt quite agree with their recommendation for wanted!! (proper pants movie)
If i didnt know you any better Gander my friend , that was fight talk lol Ye i agree with you on Wanted, i thought the sound was great but rubbish film

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts