I gave in too

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
idc:Impressive rack Joel. It looks like the it might get rather hot though.

Not at all, as the shelves actually have a clearance of about 5cm above each unit. The shelves are only about 2cm thick.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site

Bam!

Somebody had to....
emotion-13.gif

A

Anonymous

Nicely done. Where would we be without temptation?

Very nice Joel. Enjoy!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site

I was thinking the same thing. It looks fantastic, but how can that tight fit provide proper ventillation. NAD told me to allow 5 inches of clearance! LOL...

Hey Joel, post a BIG picture....that pic blows...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jaxwired:

I was thinking the same thing. It looks fantastic, but how can that tight fit provide proper ventillation. NAD told me to allow 5 inches of clearance! LOL...

I have a rack designed by the same people as Joel. The front of each shelf is to cover the gaps. The shelf that the components sit on gives plenty of room all around.

Look at the picture and the shelf for the 1st component is way above the top of the second component - make sense?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:jaxwired:

I have a rack designed by the same people as Joel. The front of each shelf is to cover the gaps. The shelf that the components sit on gives plenty of room all around.Look at the picture and the shelf for the 1st component is way above the top of the second component - make sense?

What make is the stand? I like it.

A

Anonymous

there used to be a thread on them, but i cant remember the name and its been archived.

trial and error got me to this: http://www.hifiracks.co.uk/ which is the one.

idc

Does it have a cable management system? As Chief Forum Cable Buyer and 'person with the most amount of cables on the forum award winner', where are they?

Get them out so we can all see them.
emotion-11.gif

Or is that why we only see part of the setup, as next to it, just out of picture, is a massive pile of cables!?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
They're round the back.

I only have 6 mains leads, 8 speaker cables (biamp 2 pairs of speakers), 4 interconnects, an HDMI and an aerial cable now. I just sold my TT and phono amp which was another 4 cables in total.ÿ

Yes it does have a cable management system of sorts...ÿ

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
That speaker looks very close the wall and it appears to have an iPod dock on top of it! (Maybe it's a phone.)

Have you tried moving them out a bit and moving the rack to give more space for the speaker to 'breathe'?

At least to get the speaker's two spikes off the same floorboard it shares with the rack to reduce the vibration going into your electronics. (CD player especially.)

idc

JohnDuncan:idc:'person with the most amount of cables on the forum award winner' Ooo, a challenge...

That should be ......winner(Hifi), there will be av enthusiasts with even more.

Twice a year my old setup on its Target metal framed, wooden shelved stand would be lifted out from the wall for a good clean. I hated that job.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:
That speaker looks very close the wall and it appears to have an iPod dock on top of it! (Maybe it's a phone.)

Have you tried moving them out a bit and moving the rack to give more space for the speaker to 'breathe'?

At least to get the speaker's two spikes off the same floorboard it shares with the rack to reduce the vibration going into your electronics. (CD player especially.)

ÿ

ÿ

No room to move anything I'm afraid Chebby. Not ideal but it sounds good. I would imagine it will sound better still in more space but I just ain't got it!ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well I've just sold my Dalis for £525, that's a loss of £125 over 2 years or approx 20p per day, so about 4-5p per hour of listening. Can't complain about that really.

A

Anonymous

That's still a good price, considering the current economic conditions.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well I look after my kit and get good prices selling on. Well chuffed with the new speakers too, but the Dalis were good too. Double the RRP wasn't double the performance by a long stretch, but better, and very nice indeed.

ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
jaxwired:

Joel,

Does your audio rack have T shaped shelves or are they full rectangular shelves?

Full shelves. I didn't like the T shaped ones, thought that a full sheld would be more sturdy and therefore better sounding.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
EvilWolf:That's a fantastic rack. A perfect fit for your Arcams.

Surprisingly...

Not good for an upgrade though, unless it's Arcam.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts