Humax Foxsat recording

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Since a couple of weeks ago, when I try to set my Foxsat to record a programme using the guide, I get a message "waiting for broadcast information" or similar, which I never got previously. I press OK, but nothing seems to happen. If the programme is in both SD & HD, say BBC1 and BBC HD, by the time I've moved from one to the other, the last choice usually works fine, but when time's a bit tight, I could do without this faff. It doesn't happen every time, and I'm not sure whether it only happens on certain channels.

Has anyone else experienced this, please, and can I do anything to stop it?

daveh75

It's a bug that was introduced with the recent F/W upgrade (V1.00.15).

The current work around is to use the schedule/red short cut which uses the buffered EPG rather than downloading fresh EPG info.

daveh75

When you press the 'Guide' button, the HDR tunes to the Freesat 'Home Transponder' and downloads fresh EPG data. The recent f/w upgrade seems to have effected the process in some way, which means it now takes longer to download the EPG data and you get the onscreen message.

If you press 'Schedule' and then 'RED' you access the 'Buffered EPG' , which uses cached data so there is no downloading and displays instantly

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Ah, I've got it now, daveh75, thanks. I thought it was working fine, but there's still the delay, but now I know why. I'll try your method when I get a minute or two. I'll have to have a look on the Humax forums to see if they're sorting it out. In the meantime I'll have to be a bit patient.

A

Anonymous

Humax did a update , the update is a waste of time in fact it has slowed down the process of recording prgrams, people should be complaining to humax in the hope they will undo there last update, i dont think they have heard of the sayin , if it aint broke dont fix it.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Finally got round to doing summat about it. I sent Humax an e-mail asking when they're expecting to rectify the problem - not holding my breath, though. I also asked, if they'd taken their car in for service, and been told that there would now be a two minute delay between pressing the brake pedal and the brakes being applied, how happy would they be?

And, having tried it, daveh75's thing works just fine. Cheers, daveh75.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
If anyone's still interested in this issue, here's the reply I just got from Humax, so there may be a solution in the offing. Eventually.

"The reason for the change is due to increased EPG data being sent by freesat above the specification, we have temporarily delayed scheduling programmes until the EPG downloads to resolve lockup issues. We are currently working with freesat for a solution to the issue"

Fingers crossed.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Well, you can select a programme from the EPG straight away, which then shows set to record, but the Humax then commences to download relevant info, which can delay selecting subsequent programmes. Still, it's better than it was.

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
My Humax box just stopped handling audio, both on live and recorded programmes, and SWMBO is severly ****** ***. Does anyone have any ideas if there is a fix fo this ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts