Humax 9300T PVR - Advice Please!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I purchased a Humax 9150T but returned it as the picture quality though my Samsung 40A656 was appaling vs the TV's in built freeview, also the box was noisey (although i was aware of this ongoing issue...)

I then exchanged for a Humax 9300T hoping the HDMI cable would provide a picture as good as through my TV, unfortunately the picture quality despite the boxes claimed upscaling capabilities is visibly worse than the Samsung, how/why is this and is there any remedy or something i'm doing wrong perhaps? In addition to this we experiance a lot of picture judder and split second freezes through the PVR, none of which occur on the Samsung..

The wife thinks i've wasted my money but the Humax has a lot to offer, perhaps i'm asking too much but all i want is a PVR that records TV as well as the pictures that i am used to via the TV and without any freezing/judder...

Anyone else experianced these issues and is there anything i can do about it??

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Well, its a mystery to me. The freeview picture provided by my Humax 9200T is the equal of that provided by the freeview tuner in my Kuro.

Try the Hummy on another TV to see if you get the same results.

By the way, the Humax is an excellent bit of kit that has changed the way I view TV forever. I'm sure your wife will shortly appreciate this (once you get the picture sorted) as my wife now appreciates it.

In fact, my wife has become so dependant on the Humax she's sanctioned the purchase of the FreeSat version as soon as it's available!

A

Anonymous

Same here!

And i quote: "If it works the same as the freeview one and we can put the freeview one in the bedroom then we're getting one"

I barely had to ask, and that is a definite first in this house.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm gonna put the freeview version in the kitchen and have the frresat version in the living room. Means that potentially we can record 4 channels at once while watching another. Cool!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Have you got a decent ariel feed? It could be that the samsung has a more sensitive tuner than the humax - certainly my Sony 26" is a lot more sensitive than the Sagem freeview box I used to have...

John Duncan

My 9200 beats my sharp hd telly and my Virgin STB for picture quality, but it's sensitive to both signal and aerial cable quality (well, same thing really). How is the aerial routed - through the set top box or separately?

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I was all set to return it but it occured to me to change the settings on my TV on the HDMI channel and hey presto, god knows what it was on before, i feel a bit of a plank now as to be fair it's looking good and i'm really happy with it, i just now need to lock myself in a room to watch all the stuff i'v now recorded.

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts