HTC Desire HD to Receiver, Digitally

F

FunkyMonkey

My Onkyo 805 receiver has an ipod "dock" attachment.

Please does anyone know of one for the HTC Desire (HD), because that "phone" streams WAV files, and rather than using a 3.5mm to phono connection (meaning the DAC is done in phone), I would prefer to connect to my receiver digitally.

Surprisingly, I can't find an elegant solution on Google!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Does the receiver have a USB connection, you might be able to connect the Desire using the USB port and have it appear as a storage desire for the receiver to pull audio files from, if it has that capability.

As far as I know there aren't really any docks for Android devices.

F

FunkyMonkey

My receiver does not, but my Blu Ray player does.

However, I would want to stream WAV files from my NAS to my HTC, then pass onto receiver via digital connection.

I'm sure my Blu Ray player would play stuff off the phone because it would recognise it as a storage device. However, streaming is different. I will have to check if the phone can stream via USB. Maybe there's an app for that!!

If not, will have to see if I can stream using Bluetooth.

(P.S. I cannot stream using my Blu Ray player even though netowrk attached cos it cannot handle lossless WAV files over DLNA.)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
FunkyMonkey:
My receiver does not, but my Blu Ray player does.

However, I would want to stream WAV files from my NAS to my HTC, then pass onto receiver via digital connection.

Really? Why?

I'm sure my Blu Ray player would play stuff off the phone because it would recognise it as a storage device. However, streaming is different. I will have to check if the phone can stream via USB. Maybe there's an app for that!!

If not, will have to see if I can stream using Bluetooth.

(P.S. I cannot stream using my Blu Ray player even though netowrk attached cos it cannot handle lossless WAV files over DLNA.)

I'd be inclined to buy something designed to stream from the NAS with an optical or coax digital output.

F

FunkyMonkey

I want my receiver to do the DAC'ing. It's superb.

I do not want to spend more money than I need.

I have heard that the sound quality from the HTC, like the iphone, is rather spiffing, so I may just have to settle for an analogue connection via the headphone out. I've tried that with the PSP, and the results are remarkable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts