HiFi wireless from PC to Hifi-amplifier

benny2007

Jan 20, 2020
Visit site
Dear All,

would be fine to get helpful input here.
And please excuse bad English, I am from Germany.

My setup:
Have a PC (win 10), which has no streaming capabilities.
Need a new amplifier, as the old one is broken and cannot be repaired (was an Yamaha AX-1050).
Have new loudspeakers: B & W 703 S2.

So i am looking for the following:

First:
My PC is the first choice to play music, which I would like to get in best audio quality possible.
But, due to location set up, it must be per wireless from PC to the Hifi equipment.
Here I am looking for a HiFi solution to stream from the PC to an amplifier still to be bought.
If my understanding is correct, best choice would be a transmitter for the PC (aptx 5.0 preferred) and a receiver for the amplifier, if the amplifier has no aptx 5.0 support.

Second:
The amplifier to be bought.
If the review of the Rotel AX-1572 at What-Hifi would not be so bad: I would go for it (the Rotel has no Bluetooth, so I would need a Buetooth receiver in this or similar cases)
I have tried the NAD C368 together with the MDC BluOs 2i-Modul integrated, which I will bring back:
It needs the BluOs-player app for desktop (PC) or a corresponding app for the smartphone to be operated properly: I dislike that!
Prefer to play music files from my PC with the media player of my choice (Mediamonkey) or to use Amazon Music HD / Tidal Hifi with their Desktop app, but not the BluOs-app.

Hmm, a lot of questions....
Would be fine to get some input here!!

Thanks a lot advance for suggestions and best regards
benny

insider9

No, Bluetooth would not be my no1 option. Your PC can run a server. Lots of amps allow Upnp.

What's your budget? Is it only music you want to stream from PC? Is it local media or YouTube, Spotify, Tidal, etc.?

benny2007

Jan 20, 2020
Visit site
It is a huge collection of MP3 and FLAC files on my PC (> 250.000 !) and some local stored videos.
Indexing with my media player MediaMonkey runs well, i have immediately results, when i am searching for music. This is not the case, when i am using apps from a supplier, like the NAD BluOs app described above, terrible....
Currently my music collection is stored on an external HDD connected per USB and some directories on internal HDD's
Furthermore: Amazon Music HD or Tidal HiFi, I am just trying the free trial period of both using their desktop app, which much more performant compared to the e. g. BluOs app.

Budget: 2.000 €

Why not Bluetooth aptx HD, seems to be the best option currently available, when looking for HiFi in best sound quality?
benny

Last edited:

benny2007

Jan 20, 2020
Visit site
Hmm, seems to be interesting option.
Can I use different directories as DLNA server /external HDD connected per USB, and some directories of internal HDD's?
Have seen a lot of complaints, DLNA seems to be not very performant

insider9

Hmm, seems to be interesting option.
Can I use different directories as DLNA server /external HDD connected per USB, and some directories of internal HDD's?
Have seen a lot of complaints, DLNA seems to be not very performant
It's not the best but it depends what you expect. I'd say it's still better than Bluetooth. Particularly as you can request playback from a mobile device with no issues without looking at a screen.

I've not used Mediamonkey so need to look at it before advising further.

abacus

Get yourself an amplifier with a network streamer built in, that way you will be able to access your PC via DLNA. (NOTE: You can buy a steamer and amp separate if you want to mix and match)
You are most likely using a wireless router to connect to the internet so your streamer will connect to this. (Most have Wi-Fi built in)

Bill

benny2007

Jan 20, 2020
Visit site

abacus

You can but you are tying yourself to the PC all the time whereas Plex will work on multiple items. (Smart TVs, Phones, Tablets, Streamers etc. etc. NOTE: many of the devices mentioned have their own apps for DLNA as well)
To be honest you would be better off with a NAS (Network attached storage) and use this as your media server as it can easily be accessed by anything on the network without having to have your computer on. (Just remember to transfer all your files to the NAS)

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts