Upgrade to Cyrus / rega setup.

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
I have a pair of Rega RS3's, with Cyrus pre XPD, X Power and PSXR on the X Power. Music source is Apple lossless files on my ipod via an Onkyo Dock. The Ipod is fed digitally to the DAC in the pre XPD.

I don't want a CD player as I find the digital sound is very good from my ipod, but what would you folks recommend as next upgrade ?

I gave limited funds and was possibly thinking of upgrading my QED Rev Sig cables, or my Atlas Equator III interconnects ???

Any ideas and or recommendations ???

Alternatively, should I save up and swap out the pre-xpd for a DACXP, or maybe a Cyrus Streamer. I do need a pre-amp so I can run my home cinema receiver. ??

Machinemessiah

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
You seem to have a very good system there already. Having very recently auditioned some Cyrus kit I would agree with the previous poster (who has an extremely good Cyrus based system!) that a PSX should make a difference, for the good, to the pre amp performance. I would investigate the the stand alone Cyrus X2 streamer in your own system as well, it has digital outs for your dac and a direct ipod input so you could compare it to your Onkyo dock. I used to be sceptical about the differences between cables until I heard some speaker cable from a firm called Mogami. These are not particularly expensive but made a noticable improvement to the sound of anything they were demo'ed with. I will be getting a pair shortly. Mike Manning and the Sound Organisation are the only two dealers that I know who stock them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts