How To Post A Reply

Messiah

OK, so here is how I usually have to go about posting a reply to a question on a thread:

1. Click 'reply'

2. Type the reply and paste links, add smileys or add pictures etc....

3. Highlight the post and 'Copy' (learnt from previous disasters)

4. Hit Post and wait for nothing to happen....

5. Refresh the page. Maybe 2 or 3 times.

6. Paste the post back into the reply if it has gone walkies..

7. Hit Post again.

8. The reply is finally posted!

9. Check the post has not been posted twice as frequently happens and delete one of them.

Does anyone else have to suffer like this??

(Usually clicking on a post to read it requires more than 1 click too......)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Point taken, and yes, the site does seem to be running very slowly at the moment. Investigations underway, but current best thinking seems to be that the server main spring is running down, and it seems JD has taken the key on holiday with him...

Messiah

The thing is, it has always been like this.

Other users seem to report no issues when using the site but I only have issues with this site and it does not matter what browser I use.

Just wondered if anyone else has this problem and maybe some solution or is it definitely an issue with the site??

daveh75

Click reply,type reply etc, then click post.I dont have the issue's you seem to be having with posting other than it can actually take ages after clicking the post button to do anything.

Though have to say generally, the site does seem to be getting less and less reliable, error messages,general slowness or failure to connect to the site at all are becoming more and more common.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We're aware of the problems, and our Digital Media Team is investigating the slowdowns and errors, and how demands on other sites run by the company knock-on to the rest of the portfolio.

It's not a situation with which we on the editorial side are too happy, and we're continuing to keep up the pressure on them to find solutions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts