How to get the best LFE/Bass possible from my setup

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
JL big output small box, could work in a small room - The E12 range would be similar to a SVS SB13 Ultra for reference.

the Esub range were to close to the Fathoms and that is why i think JL Audio had to re-vamp the Fathoms and make the new Version 2`s

its the Dominion range now though that is receiving great feedback and very goods reviews

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
JL big output small box, could work in a small room - The E12 range would be similar to a SVS SB13 Ultra for reference.

look nice but no matter how good a sub could possibly be, a 10" driver surely wont be enough when you are suggesting subs such as the arendal dual 13,8" drivers or a single 15" sub

and £2000 for the 12" is way too much.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Jl use clever engineering for big output from a small sealed box.

Svs use brute force and a massively over engineered driver

Arendal are using physics moving more air from more cone surface

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Jl use clever engineering for big output from a small sealed box.

Svs use brute force and a massively over engineered driver

Arendal are using physics moving more air from more cone surface

if they are as good as you say. i'm interested slightly, but the only series i can afford is the dominion. i'll have a look at reviews see how it stacks up. but for the price of £1000 there is a lot of competition

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i've made my mind up on dual svs pb-2000's

can't have a massive sub really, i get worried having my system on -15db for music and -20db for films without annoying the neighbour to to a big extent. hoping dual's would correct the problems and give me some tactile bass with punch. if not and all i achieve is better overall room response. that's fine also.

i could buy my first pb-2000 in 1-2 months if i do get that backdated money! but i'm going to take ellisdj's advice and move my room to how he suggested next week or the week after with help from my dad then go from there, thanks everyone for the advice!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I had a small velodyne on demo and didnt do it for me at all compared to the SVS sb13 ultra which is a blinder for the money. I love these subs very hard to fault.

Jl audio have about 6 patents on their subs and I know the e12 performs similar to the sb13ultra I think with slightly more output when measured so know roughly what to expect from it.

However I haven't recommended anyone but anything from jl just saying the truth about their well known sub engineering pedigree - i have not heard one to say 1 way or other. I would very much like to though. I was very close to home demoing a fathom f113 but didn't want to just incase I couldn't do without it at that high price.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
nugget2014 said:
i've made my mind up on dual svs pb-2000's

can't have a massive sub really...
I presume you've seen a PB2000? Not exactly small... :)

When i mean massive i meant as in power. Pointless having something such as the arendal or power sound audio sub which i will never be able to take full advantage of after thinking about it. I can fit 2 pb 2000s in pretty sure. And they will be enough for my around 1200 cubic foot room

TRENDING THREADS