Question How to connect Sonus Beam (Gen2) into my system?

I want to add a Sonus Beam Gen.2 into my bedroom set-up that consists of TV and a bluray player.
I know very littke about Home Theatre set up hence the question.
Sonus has HDMI e-arc and an optical socket.
Do I simply connect bluray to TV via HDMI then TV to Sonus via HDMI or do I need a cable going from bluray to Sonus and HDMI from Sonus to TV?

What's the best way to attach these items?

Messiah

As long as your TV has an e-arc/arc socket I would just connect the BD player to the TV (non-arc input) and connect the Sonus to the TVs arc input.

However, either way should work.

Edit: Looking at the specs it only has the one HDMI socket and no optical so BD player would need to be connected to the TV.

Last edited:
As long as your TV has an e-arc/arc socket I would just connect the BD player to the TV (non-arc input) and connect the Sonus to the TVs arc input.

However, either way should work.

Edit: Looking at the specs it only has the one HDMI socket and no optical so BD player would need to be connected to the TV.
Thanks.
Pretty sure a review I read mentioned optical as well but if it doesn't have one then your first suggestion appears to be the only option.

Reactions: Messiah

R2D2

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
Which TV is it? Does it have e-arc or arc on it? That might help here, not sure, but I have connected some soundbars by e-arc on the TV to soundbar and the I am pretty sure the sound then works via HDMI to the Blu-ray player without the need of an optical cable, it will also give you better sound if it works this way round. I think it has worked with some soundbars anyway.

If you are going to connect it by optical I personally don’t think it’s worth the money you will be paying. Just get a cheap soundbar instead or use the TV sound instead.

Last edited:
I want to add a Sonus Beam Gen.2 into my bedroom set-up that consists of TV and a bluray player.
I know very littke about Home Theatre set up hence the question.
Sonus has HDMI e-arc and an optical socket.
Do I simply connect bluray to TV via HDMI then TV to Sonus via HDMI or do I need a cable going from bluray to Sonus and HDMI from Sonus to TV?

What's the best way to attach these items?
Yes, you connect all the paraphernalia to the TV and connect the TV to the Sonos Beam via HDMI cable (use the e-ARC port).

R2D2

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
If you are going to use optical you might as well buy this one:

Just bought myself it to go with an old TV.

According to WHF it does DTS too:

Last edited:

R2D2

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts