Kenneth Fernandes

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
An All-in-one Wireless Streaming Amplifier, if possible with an inbuilt battery. A single-driver bookshelf speaker and an active subwoofer. However, currently, there aren't many in the market to purchase.

jjbomber

Hello, I have just joined the What HiFi community and I'm looking for any advise you may have about Streamers / DAC's. I am currently thinking about investing in a HiFi Rose RS-150 B and before I do any input you may have would be more than welcome.
I have the HiFiRose RS520, which is more or less the same, but with a 250w amplifier built in as well. OK, slightly smaller screen at 12.6'' rather than 14'9''. Either one will bring the smile back to your face! They are a joy to use and you'll never get bored of the dancing VU metres!

Advise? Just go buy either one. You'll love it.

Old Audio Guy

Jun 20, 2024
Visit site
I have the HiFiRose RS520, which is more or less the same, but with a 250w amplifier built in as well. OK, slightly smaller screen at 12.6'' rather than 14'9''. Either one will bring the smile back to your face! They are a joy to use and you'll never get bored of the dancing VU metres!

Hello JJ,
Thank You for your response. I already have a pre-amp and power amplifier so I really need only a streamer and DAC. Since It's a rather large investment and my first streamer I want to get it right the first time if thats possible. I have a good friend that has a Cocktail Audio X45 that he really enjoys and he like you, said the Rose R150B would be a good choice. Did you find any issues during initial set-up that you found to be a challenge, or and do you think it is user friendly?

Thank You

Old Audio Guy

Jun 20, 2024
Visit site

jjbomber

I want to get it right the first time if thats possible. I have a good friend that has a Cocktail Audio X45 that he really enjoys and he like you, said the Rose R150B would be a good choice. Did you find any issues during initial set-up that you found to be a challenge, or and do you think it is user friendly?

Thank You
Exactly right. Buy cheap and you buy twice, so getting it right first time is much more preferable.

No great issues on set up. I use Qobuz, which is simple to set up and use. I use ethernet, so that's easy. The only minor grievance is using the 4TB external hard drive, where it takes a couple of minutes to initiate. I haven't fitted an internal drive, but the YouTube videos seem to suggest it is straight forward. HDMI integrates well for TV sound. App is simple and straightforward, so I hardly use the gorgeous remote control. So it's all very user friendly.

Vincent Kars

I rather split the streaming and the DAC part.
A streamer pulls the bits from a server, very much like a web browser pulls the content from a web server.
This digital part is pretty straight forward and (as it is digital) rock solid.
The Rose sets you back € 4.399,-
Bit much for a browser, a bit much for a DAC too.

My advice is to split. Get a affordable streamer with a decent interface. Today the answer is a WiiM.
Not happy with the interface (crucial as it is the way you access the music), get something else.
Not happy with the DAC? Connect a external DAC using the SPDIF out.

Split the DAC and the transport (the streamer) and you will be fine.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I rather split the streaming and the DAC part.
A streamer pulls the bits from a server, very much like a web browser pulls the content from a web server.
This digital part is pretty straight forward and (as it is digital) rock solid.
The Rose sets you back € 4.399,-
Bit much for a browser, a bit much for a DAC too.

My advice is to split. Get a affordable streamer with a decent interface. Today the answer is a WiiM.
Not happy with the interface (crucial as it is the way you access the music), get something else.
Not happy with the DAC? Connect a external DAC using the SPDIF out.

Split the DAC and the transport (the streamer) and you will be fine.
I agree, having separate DAC and streamer will give you more flexibility in terms of having the option to upgrade one or the other.

I initially wanted to purchase the Eversolo DMP-A6, this was when it was riding the crest of popularity and had trouble finding one in stock. So I ended up with the Eversolo DAC Z8 and JF digital transport, which had
Android OS, so I was able to download the Spotify, Tidal apps etc., which worked OK as a streamer, though it was better suited as a digital storage for my music.

I later got the WiiM Plus Pro and have it connected to the Eversolo via the Coax cable. Works well together.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts