Speaker suggestions!

CyberJC

Jun 19, 2024
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a pair of Rogers LS7s and Proac Studio 140MK2s.
What would you all suggest as next level?
The Rogers get a bit glary and sibilant, Proacs lack the mid presence and soundstage of the Rogers.
I've been thinking about Harbeth HL5 Plus's, or Tannoys.
Wary the Harbeths won't engage across my myriad range of genres, and Tannoys can often get a bit too coloured?
Open to your wonderful opinions!
Using a Densen B200 and Audiolab 8000Ms.
Vinyl and CD sources.
Best,
John

Hi all,
The Rogers get a bit glary and sibilant, Proacs lack the mid presence and soundstage of the Rogers.
Wary the Harbeths won't engage across my myriad range of genres, and Tannoys can often get a bit too coloured?
Vinyl and CD sources.
Best,
John
Unfortunately none of us have your hearing and neither do we have your listening room so nobody can answer your question. Go audition as much as you can would be my suggestion and don't buy any speakers you can't audition preferably in your own home.
First you need to decide on floorstanders or standmoumts

Hi all,
Vinyl and CD sources.
Best,
John
I would suggest if you like what the Rogers bring to the table, Harbeth should fit the bill. As always, as mentioned by @Al ears an audition is essential, especially at these prices.

Thanks PP.
Sometimes, audition isn't possible.
And the only leverage is experience.
;-)
I don't think it's all about expensive. Sometimes even a good guess at what will work will do if audition isn't possible but I would make sure wherever you buy them from has a good returns policy. Personally I would spend a lot on speakers I couldn't audition
That said I bought mine only because I had heard a friend of mine in the Statess speakers. I really had no idea if they would work in my listening room, luckily they are pretty forgiving regarding placement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts