Saturday Speaker Fest

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
maxflinn:

are these the speakers in question esp
emotion-4.gif

6a00d8341f2b8653ef0133edb71144970b-800wi

Oh yes!

They actually look better with the chestnut red wood finish (IMHO). But £18k?!?!? Why didn't I listen to my careers officer at school?
emotion-6.gif
But seriously, the ProAcs will do me fine - honest. That's assuming no surprises.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
shooter69:ESP2009:At £18k a pair] The proverbial Holy Do Do is flying.....

And would hit the proverbial fan if I were to attempt to purchase!
emotion-4.gif

Besides, they would look pretty darned stupid in our living room.

And on that note it's off to bed to dream about speakers.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
AEJim:
We have also been spending our money on investment rather than Marketing but now things have all settled into place we will be back in WHF regularly with advertising (as of this month's Awards issue) so that should improve our visibility a little! There's only a dozen staff in total at AE so we don't always have the manpower to do too many things at once!
emotion-1.gif
Oh, and I still use an Aego P5 as my main home cinema system!

Wont hijack the thread any more, but amazed to hear AE only has a dozen staff!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ESP2009:FrankHarveyHiFi: It looks like you spent more time writing up than listening!!
emotion-2.gif

emotion-2.gif
To you too! Given the opportunity, I would have spent all day listening. So many speakers, so little time.
emotion-2.gif

Thanks once more for the hospitality and the opportunity to try a few of the vast range of temptations in your emporium.

No problem, any time. Shame I didn't get to speak to you - I was relegated to holding the door open to you that day
emotion-2.gif

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
If you do get the ProAcs you wont go far wrong. I've got the mkI's and they put a smile on my face everytime I listen to music.

If I remember correct, they were matched up with Primare gear by WHSV in a test a few years ago and became a recomended system. They take a long time to run in but just seem to get better and better.

A

Anonymous

(Pls excuse any highjacking of OP's topic) Andy H, how do you find the synergy of Arcam/Proac - I have an A32/P35 combination and have been interested in the Proacs.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:ESP2009:FrankHarveyHiFi: It looks like you spent more time writing up than listening!!
emotion-2.gif

emotion-2.gif
To you too! Given the opportunity, I would have spent all day listening. So many speakers, so little time.
emotion-2.gif

Thanks once more for the hospitality and the opportunity to try a few of the vast range of temptations in your emporium.

No problem, any time. Shame I didn't get to speak to you - I was relegated to holding the door open to you that day
emotion-2.gif

Oh, if only I'd known! Sadly, I had my hands full, otherwise I would have given you a tip, my good man.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS