How much?!!!!

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Going through all the boxes of stuff I have in the loft room I happened across a folder with a lot, but not all, of the receipts I kept for the HiFi purchases I have made since 1997.

Once I totalled up the amounts I was not just a little shocked by the amount I have spent over the last 17 years.

Without revealing actual numbers this was serious car buying sums of money, anyone else realise what they have spent over a similar time period and thought ouch! ?

Then again sitting with a decent whisky listening to good sounds looking into the log fire does seem to make the numbers melt away. Still trying to get the image of the nice jag I could have saved up for out of my head though :)

tomlinscote said:
Going through all the boxes of stuff I have in the loft room I happened across a folder with a lot, but not all, of the receipts I kept for the HiFi purchases I have made since 1997.

Once I totalled up the amounts I was not just a little shocked by the amount I have spent over the last 17 years.

Without revealing actual numbers this was serious car buying sums of money, anyone else realise what they have spent over a similar time period and thought ouch! ?

Then again sitting with a decent whisky listening to good sounds looking into the log fire does seem to make the numbers melt away. Still trying to get the image of the nice jag I could have saved up for out of my head though :)

Ill go for that whisky / log fire thing and sit there knowing that, however much I have spent, it certainly has not depreciated as much as a 17 year-old car would have, or given as much pleasure.
regular_smile.gif

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
...but with my collection of bicycles and associated paraphernalia. It was a sobering experience and one I dare not repeat lest it detract from the enjoyment I get from riding them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts