How Many Editors Do you Need to Produce a Magazine?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Ravey Gravey Davy:And I bet there are still not enough to change a lightbulb

Why? How many London buses does it take to change a lightbulb?

One apparently.

bus.jpg

A

Anonymous

Simon Lucas:This is where I begin my long-overdue campaign to set a lock on any thread that includes the words 'according to Wikipedia'.
'Pretty accurate', 'fairly reliable'... is this what we want from a purported encyclopedia? People?

Oh, right. Resort to that. That's nice.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Octopo:Oh, right. Resort to that. That's nice.

Simon, I've found that sick squid you said you'd lost...

(I'll leave it there)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Back to work the lot of you! Honestly, I go out of the office/off the forums for a few hours....

But back to the OP - we have far less staff with 'editor' in their job title than US mags. I once counted more than 60 editors on one American mag!

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:(By George, I think I got away with it...)

Not yet you didn't. Where's my toolbar?

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Back to work the lot of you!

Thanks Clare
I was beginning to wonder if next months magazine was going to be a bit on the thin side.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
Back to work the lot of you! Honestly, I go out of the office/off the forums for a few hours....

But back to the OP - we have far less staff with 'editor' in their job title than US mags. I once counted more than 60 editors on one American mag!

Crikey it must have been one helluva boring mag if you had to resort to counting editorial staff numbers.
emotion-2.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
floyd droid:Clare Newsome:

Crikey it must have been one helluva boring mag if you had to resort to counting editorial staff numbers.
emotion-2.gif

Us mag types ALWAYS look at the 'flannel panel' of other mags - we're obsessed
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure if it compares but here is how my work compares:

We look for work (staff)

We talk to potential clients (+ staff)

We meet potential clients (me, +staff, staff)

We do business with clients (+staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff, +staff) and I'm guessing we meet much lower demands than those fellows do.

We receive feedback from clients so that we can change any problems (We are so lucky in this way).

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:floyd droid:Clare Newsome:

emotion-2.gif

Us mag types ALWAYS look at the 'flannel panel' of other mags - we're obsessed
emotion-5.gif

Ah,kindof goes with the territory i guess.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I assume you have a few mods too.
Any rockers?

Any chance of posting a video of the annual staff bun fight on Brighton beach.

(Goes off to find the Quadraphenia DVD).

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:That's a much more complicated question.

I'm still convinced that Octopo has had his

5191-toolbelt.jpg

all along.

At least that's what the forum control panel tells me...

A

Anonymous

Thank goodness for that. I'd assumed you were snubbing me.

(I don't want any attention from the words that are in brackets. Like these. I have a few forums online which have all the capabilities of this forum, with the flake but without any problems. I just can't grasp how you are all so flummuxed. I understand how you could see that as inflammatory, I just wanted to say it). Can I say that?

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:
JohnDuncan:That's a much more complicated question.

I'm still convinced that Octopo has had his

5191-toolbelt.jpg

all along.

At least that's what the forum control panel tells me...

Doesn't work in Safari, if I recall. Or Firefox on Mac. Or something. Though am not going to go and check which combination it was. And the solution is complicated, as your mail today highlighted
emotion-2.gif

John Duncan

Octopo:
Thank goodness for that. I'd assumed you were snubbing me.

(I don't want any attention from the words that are in brackets. Like these. I have a few forums online which have all the capabilities of this forum, with the flake but without any problems. I just can't grasp how you are all so flummuxed. I understand how you could see that as inflammatory, I just wanted to say it). Can I say that?

It's not inflammatory at all, nor are we flummoxed - the solution is quite simple when you say it, but the logistics are more complicated than that.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard:Not sure about Safari, but works fine in Firefox on Mac and Winders.
Safari it is then.

Yep. Forgetting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts