How Many Editors Do you Need to Produce a Magazine?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:Defensive. Eh?

Nope, don't have a Defensive Editor. Mind you, Tom hasn't got a made-up job-title yet...
emotion-55.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Octopo:Defensive. Eh?

Nope, don't have a Defensive Editor. Mind you...
emotion-55.gif

You should, looking at this thread...

A

Anonymous

We're gonna rock down to

Electric avenue

We're gonna take you higher.

- Edit Grant

A

Anonymous

Eddie Pound:Who is the highest-ranked "editor"?

The one who buys the best biscuits.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Eddie Pound:Who is the highest-ranked "editor"?
There is only one Editor - Mr Editor Melville. Handy choice of first name.
Everyone else's editorship/hood/age is qualified. At least mine involves the word 'first'.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Simon Lucas:There is only one Editor - Mr Editor Melville. Handy choice of first name.
Everyone else's editorship/hood/age is qualified. Quick chaps, Clare's reading this thread. She must be - I can see her mouth moving. Let's scarper and leave Simon to face her wrath alone...

A

Anonymous

Simon Lucas:One lowly First Tests Editor against the accumulated power of the Editor in Chief? Perhaps now is the time to do some real editing...

You'd better sonny. Us out yonder are getting flippant.

A

Anonymous

So if you're all editors, who writes the magazine? He or she must be terribly overworked....

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS - please do not discuss moderation. Or the Defensive Editor.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Anyway, to give the original poster a serious answer... like all other hi-fi magazines, we have a number of editors commensurate with our circulation.

Andrew, according to Wikipedia - a consulting editor is a "non-staff, non-salaried literary editor".

Is that why you have two jobs?!

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
This is where I begin my long-overdue campaign to set a lock on any thread that includes the words 'according to Wikipedia'.
'Pretty accurate', 'fairly reliable'... is this what we want from a purported encyclopedia? People?

TRENDING THREADS