How far apart is ear & driver on Grado GS1000i?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi, one of my complaints with the RS1i's were that my right ear touched the driver and the left one did not which was terribly annoying and uncomfortable, could someone tell me if the ear touches the GS1000i driver and how far apart they are?

Regards Danny

Cutlass

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello grooner26, I've just had a go with my GS1000is and my ears don't touch the 'white gauze' like stuff (note scientific terms used) in front of the drivers of the headphones. I've a small, slim head and there's probably about 1cm between my ear and the gauze. I had a pair of RS2s and the GS1000is are much more comfortable as they fit over the ears rather than on the ears. They also are a considerable improvement in sound being more delicate and providing more air around performances but at the same time retaining the Grado dynamics.

Hope this helps

Paddy

Cutlass

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I use a Naim Headline 2 powered by a Hicap 2 directly coupled to a Naim CDX2/XPS2 CDP. I'm very pleased with the overall presentation, the RS2s were a little too warm for my tastes so I tried a friends SR325s (the latest version) which gave fantastic detail but lacked the wellie of the RS2s. The GS1000is have both plus refinement in my opinion. However, I shall have a listen to some Stax offerings and HD800s sometime just for the sake of idle curriosity.

Paddy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts